cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteCos
Frequent Visitor

Eq Null is not supported

Hi Guys - I wonder if anyone can help with the below error message? The app works fine when the error message is cleared. I know it has something to the code below that I have in the Area field... Both the area and store data are taken from a different source from the rest of the fields and the store field is dependent on the area field selected.

The code I have in the area field is                                                                 

SortByColumns(Distinct(Table2,Area),"Result")

Any help to resolve would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2022-03-28 223053.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try this:

If(IsBlank(DD_Area.Selected.Result),SortByColumns(Distinct(Table2,Site),"Result"),
SortByColumns(Distinct(Filter(Table2,Area = DD_Area.Selected.Result),Site),"Result"))

or this and let me know if you get your desired result:

If(!IsBlank(DD_Area.Selected.Result),SortByColumns(Distinct(Filter(Table2,Area = DD_Area.Selected.Result),Site),"Result"))

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

Does the error disappear when you select an area in DD_Area as it looks like the store error is saying it expects a value there based on the filter in order for it to work.

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

SteCos
Frequent Visitor

Yeah the error message disappears once an area is selected but when the app is live the error message shows up when users navigate onto the form.

Try this:

If(IsBlank(DD_Area.Selected.Result),SortByColumns(Distinct(Table2,Site),"Result"),
SortByColumns(Distinct(Filter(Table2,Area = DD_Area.Selected.Result),Site),"Result"))

or this and let me know if you get your desired result:

If(!IsBlank(DD_Area.Selected.Result),SortByColumns(Distinct(Filter(Table2,Area = DD_Area.Selected.Result),Site),"Result"))

SteCos
Frequent Visitor

The first one seems to have worked! Thanks for your help 🙂

You are very welcome I am happy to help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,152)