Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mfosterbdp
Level: Powered On

Apply Sort to Gallery following complex filter delgated to buttons

Hey all

Hope someone can help

I have set up quite a complex filter and I have delegated the filters to each button to make the filter more manageable.

I have a sort button and all I’m trying to is apply this sort to the gallery , to sort my name.

My formula is below but I’m struggling to incorporate it

If('Find Resource Search'.Text = ""

And 'Currently Available'.Value = false

And 'Not With Client'.Value = false

And 'Capacity Hours Per Week Input'.Text = "",

Filter(Resource, AzureActiveDirectoryObjectID <> ""),

Filter(Resource, 'Full Name'                 in FindResourceCollection.Full_x0020_Name

&&         Status                     in FindResourceCollection.Status

&&       'Available To'             in FindResourceCollection.'Available To'

&&       'Available From'           in FindResourceCollection.'Available From'

&&       'Capacity Hrs Per Week'     in FindResourceCollection.'Capacity Hrs Per Week'))

This bit here...

SortByColumns(Resource, "Full_x0020_Name",If(SortResourceDescending,Descending,Ascending))

Hope somebody can help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LRVinNC
Level 10

Re: Apply Sort to Gallery following complex filter delgated to buttons

I haven't tested this but it should be pretty close.  You need to wrap the each Filter in the SortByColumns like this:

SortByColumns( Filter(Resource, AzureActiveDirectoryObjectID <> ""),
"Full_x0020_Name",If(SortResourceDescending,Descending,Ascending), SortByColumns(
Filter(Resource, 'Full Name' in FindResourceCollection.Full_x0020_Name
&& Status in FindResourceCollection.Status
&& 'Available To' in FindResourceCollection.'Available To' && 'Available From' in FindResourceCollection.'Available From' && 'Capacity Hrs Per Week' in FindResourceCollection.'Capacity Hrs Per Week'),
"Full_x0020_Name",If(SortResourceDescending,Descending,Ascending))

The enter Filter statement becomes the source for the SortByColumns.  It is as if you are substitution the Filter clause for "Resource" in your SortByColumns.

2 REPLIES 2
LRVinNC
Level 10

I haven't tested this but it should be pretty close.  You need to wrap the each Filter in the SortByColumns like this:

"Full_x0020_Name",If(SortResourceDescending,Descending,Ascending), SortByColumns(
&& 'Available To' in FindResourceCollection.'Available To' && 'Available From' in FindResourceCollection.'Available From' && 'Capacity Hrs Per Week' in FindResourceCollection.'Capacity Hrs Per Week'),

The enter Filter statement becomes the source for the SortByColumns.  It is as if you are substitution the Filter clause for "Resource" in your SortByColumns.

mfosterbdp
Level: Powered On

Thank

@LRVinNC wrote:

you so much !Worked a treat Smiley Happy