cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ck25415
Level 8

Autosave using timer control creating multiple items in share point list

Hello,

I have screen1, screen2. I have a timer control on screen set to 60 seconds with repeat turned on. Ontimer end is set to Patch('datasource', Defaults('datsource'), EditForm1.Updates, EditForm2.Updates) and I have a submit button on screen2 which kicks of a flow and also submits the item to sharepoint using the same patch function. Since trepeat is turned on, I see multiple entries created in sharepoint list and also final submit creates on more entry. 

Is it possible to save everything in one sharepoint list item without multiple entries?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Autosave using timer control creating multiple items in share point list

Hi @ck25415,

It is expected behavior that you set the timer to repeat and each time it ends, it would run the formula in OnTimerEnd property. If you do not want to create multiple entries, then you either do not use this formula in the OnTimerEnd property, or you do not make this timer a repeated timer.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Rick72
Level 10

HI @ck25415,

This is possible but if it is useful depends on your situation. You have to build a mechanisme to check if a itemID exists (patch returns the item when adding a new item). If not, use patch to add an item. If not so, use patch to update that item.

Robot Happy Rick

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ck25415,

It is expected behavior that you set the timer to repeat and each time it ends, it would run the formula in OnTimerEnd property. If you do not want to create multiple entries, then you either do not use this formula in the OnTimerEnd property, or you do not make this timer a repeated timer.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.