Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure Connection - "..part of this lookup value cannot be evaluated ..."

Hi All

I've cut over an old static connection to our org's SQL Db hosted on Azure and straight away I'm getting the 'blue line' warning (with no results returned).

What is wrong with this I ask?! ... AFAIK Azure is delegable, Lookup() is delegable, "="  is delegable and "&&" is delegable. 

LookUp('[AHS].[Property]','[AHS].[Property]'.Community="Test Community" &&
'[AHS].[Property]'.Lot_x0020_No = "LOT 1").Lot_x0020_No

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Azure Connection - "..part of this lookup value cannot be evaluated ..."

Hi @Anonymous,

I am a little confused about the formula.

Here you used Lookup to locate the Lot_x0020_No value, but you have its value specified within the Lookup condition.

Lookup() function you used here would just return the first record of the table which matches the condition, so your formula here just equals to text "LOT 1".

Function reference:

Filter, Search, and LookUp functions in PowerApps

Would you please share a screenshot of which control you are working with, and the purpose of the furmula here?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael - thanks for your response

(I'm full of questions; how do I add a screenshot? 'Insert photo' and 'insert/edit link' and a normal paste don't work??)

I removed the lookup condition purely for simplicity and to prove the concept but in doing so have created confusionSmiley Happy

Whichever delegable 'search' formula I use which takes a condition, I get the blue line. Note: the message mentions 'service limitations' so I wonder if it's an Azure limitation caused by my org's ICT configuration? The same logic works fine with SharePoint connections.

It's actually the following code and is on the OnSelect property of a listbox. As I mentioned the code works on other connections. Strip away any of this code and place in a text box for debugging purposes (similar to my previous post's code) and the issue remains.

Clear(Collect_Community_Lots);
ForAll(Filter(LUD_Lots,Expired=false && Community_ID = ListBox_Community.Selected.ID),
Collect(Collect_Community_Lots,{ID:ID,Title:Title
,Land_UseSmiley Tongueroper(LookUp(Table_HO_PTH_BI01_PROD_SNAPSHOTSTAGE_AHSSettlementLayoutLot,CommunityName=Proper(ListBox_Community.Selected.Title) && (LotNumber=Title ||(IsBlank(Title) && IsEmpty(LotNumber)))).SettlementLayoutLotDescription)
,Managed:If(Title="NULL","N/A",

If(IsBlank(LookUp('[AHS].[Property]',And('[AHS].[Property]'.Community=ListBox_Community.Selected.Title
,'[AHS].[Property]'.Lot_x0020_No = "LOT " & Title)).Lot_x0020_No),"N","Y")

)
,Lot_Area:999

})
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE: I discovered that the Primary Key for the relevant table was VARCHAR and not INTEGER - which could well be a candidate cause of the service limitations (as well as not being good db practice!). I have requested a change to the key and will report back when ICT have done their thing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK now I'm in the process of re-writing the syntax as it turns out Azure is not as delegable as MS are making out. Related to this, so I'll remain with this post, tatest NONSENSE is this... the ForAll line is returning an "Unknown error occurred" message - how usefulSmiley Happy

Clear(Collect_Community_Lots);
ForAll(Filter(LUD_Lots,Expired=false && Community_ID = ListBox_Community.Selected.ID),
Collect(Collect_Community_Lots,{ID:ID,Title:Title
,Land_UseSmiley Tongueroper(LookUp(Table_HO_PTH_BI01_PROD_SNAPSHOTSTAGE_AHSSettlementLayoutLot,CommunityName=Proper(ListBox_Community.Selected.Title) && (LotNumber=Title ||(IsBlank(Title) && IsEmpty(LotNumber)))).SettlementLayoutLotDescription)
,Managed:If(Title="NULL","N/A", "Y"),Lot_Area:999})) 

Can anyone help as this is becoming a tiny bit frustrating when live (previously working systems) just break for no apparent, debuggable reason