cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sofie_D
Level 8

Bug? Special characters don't trigger OnChange in TextInput

I use the OnChange of a TextInput control to adjust the input slightly and save it in a variable, but I have noticed that the OnChange is only triggered when your input includes letters or numbers. When I input for example ('"é§ the OnChange doesn't get triggered.
For my use case I really need the OnChange to be triggered for any input, is this a bug that will be fixed, or is there some kind of workaround I could try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug? Special characters don't trigger OnChange in TextInput

Hi @Sofie_D ,

Do you mean that the OnChange property of the Text Input box could not be fired via a specific character (e.g. é§)?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The OnChange property of the Text Input control would be fired via any character including é§, .. etc.

Please check if you have set Format property of the Text Input control to following:

TextFormat.Text

Note: The OnChange property of the Text Input box would be fired only when you move your mouse focus from the Text Input box to other place.

Please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of App, then re-load your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please submit an assisted supported ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Can you provide more details on what you are trying to do? I tested the same scenario (see below) and the OnChange property was invoked for different kinds of input. Notice that the OnChange is only triggered when the text input loses focus (i.e., when the user clicks / taps somewhere else in the screen).

TextInputOnChange.gif

I've included the app that I used to reproduce this issue. To open it, save it locally, then go to https://create.powerapps.com, select Open -> Browse, and find the file that you saved.

Hope this helps!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Sofie_D ,

Do you mean that the OnChange property of the Text Input box could not be fired via a specific character (e.g. é§)?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The OnChange property of the Text Input control would be fired via any character including é§, .. etc.

Please check if you have set Format property of the Text Input control to following:

TextFormat.Text

Note: The OnChange property of the Text Input box would be fired only when you move your mouse focus from the Text Input box to other place.

Please consider turn off the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option within Advanced settings of App settings of App, then re-load your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please submit an assisted supported ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Sofie_D
Level 8

After saving and reloading it seems to work correctly now, thanks anyway.