cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
amarkit
Level: Powered On

Can't Search in Combo Box With Filtered Items

I have a ComboBox using a SharePoint list as a data source. The list contains employee Display Names, and a boolean column called "Active." I want the ComboBox to only present Display Names with Active = true. If I set the ComboBox Items to Filter('AD User Dump',Active=1) the users are filtered and display properly. (I learned that true/false for boolean Sharepoint columns seems to be broken in PowerApps, but 1/0 works.)

But when I turn on Allow searching for the ComboBox, no records appear. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance; I'm very new to this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Can't Search in Combo Box With Filtered Items

Hi @amarkit ,

Yeah, you are right. The Yes/No type column of SP list still could not work properly within PowerApps. We have posted this issue to my product team already, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

As as alternative solution, you could consider take a try to save your SP list records into a Collection. And then you could filter your Collection records based on Boolean type column properly.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnStart property of the App control or Set the OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection, 'AD User Dump')

Set the Items proeprty of the Combo Box to following:

Filter(RecordsCollection, Active = true)
Filter(RecordsCollection, Active = false)

Please take a try with above solution, then check if it could help in your scenario.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
amarkit
Level: Powered On

I tried a bit harder and a bit longer, and changing the Sharepoint column type from boolean to a number seems to have solved the issue.

I read about issues between Sharepoint list boolean columns and PowerApps here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/Filtering-a-dropdown-box-with-boolean/t..., has this issue been solved? Is using a number column with 0 and 1 for false and true a bad practice that I should avoid in another way?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @amarkit ,

Yeah, you are right. The Yes/No type column of SP list still could not work properly within PowerApps. We have posted this issue to my product team already, if this issue is solved, I would reply here.

As as alternative solution, you could consider take a try to save your SP list records into a Collection. And then you could filter your Collection records based on Boolean type column properly.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the OnStart property of the App control or Set the OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection, 'AD User Dump')

Set the Items proeprty of the Combo Box to following:

Filter(RecordsCollection, Active = true)
Filter(RecordsCollection, Active = false)

Please take a try with above solution, then check if it could help in your scenario.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.