cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Makacska
Level: Powered On

Combobox does not load result from Distinct(Filter(listname; filtervalue in Status);Title) formula

Hello Everybody!

Could someone help me? I have an SP online list with two fields: "Title" and "Status". The type of both field is string (text).

I need a combobox with items come from Title field with Distinct function, but previously the list should be filtered by Status field. I used this formula in the Item property of the Combobox:

Distinct(Filter(listname; filtervalue in Status);Title)

I think it should work but it does not work at all.

Note I am using Hungarian locale and in this we use semicolon ( ; ) instead of comma (,) .

This formula provides a one-column table (with Result column name ) and is not empty in my case. It"s checked in several ways.

The result of the formula can be loaded to Dropdown, Listpane, Datatable controls, and can be used in Gallery as well. All of them display the result without problem except the Combobox.

What I have missed? Any idea?

Meanwhile in the same combobox at the Item property the simple Distinct(listname;Title) formula works fine. But I need a filtered dataset ...

The purpose of Combobox to allow multiple selection, and this controls consume less space in the app then Listpane.

Thanks in advance,

Laszlo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Makacska

Re: Combobox does not load result from Distinct(Filter(listname; filtervalue in Status);Title) formu

Finally I have found a workaround. Inserting a ClearCollect "step" with the mentioned "wrong" formula is working. The Combobox properly loads the items from the collection. But anyway, that formula should work directly on the Item property of the Combobo. Any idea?
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Makacska

Re: Combobox does not load result from Distinct(Filter(listname; filtervalue in Status);Title) formu

Finally I have found a workaround. Inserting a ClearCollect "step" with the mentioned "wrong" formula is working. The Combobox properly loads the items from the collection. But anyway, that formula should work directly on the Item property of the Combobo. Any idea?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 285 members 5,066 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: