cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Convert pdf to jpg, tiff, png, via a flow command.

I was looking for a way to convert a pdf to some bitmap file, since using PDFs in the PDF control in Powerapps is such a pain in the rear with regards to CORS, etc.  Is this a viable avenue?  

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Convert pdf to jpg, tiff, png, via a flow command.

This thread did what I needed perfectly with the PDF file so no conversion necessary.  Far less convoluted, free, fast, and effective.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-To-procedure-on-how-to-view-a-PDF-file-fr...

Be sure to read the whole thread to catch the detail of "encodeUriComponent" command if you are using dynamic content.  This stuff is so non-intuitive. 

Props to @AlanC for this one.

4 REPLIES 4
rakesh_pandey
Level: Powered On

I think you can use the Plumsail Documents - Convert PDF to Image in the flow. Please find the attached screen shot for your reference.

Super User
Super User

That is great, but it is a subscription.  I cannot impose a monthly fee forever for this function.  

rakesh_pandey
Level: Powered On

Ok. In that case you will have to do some custom coding to achieve this. I am not sure but in my opinion you can write an azure function to convert pdf to image which can be called by PowerApps. Please refer below link
http://lightswitchhelpwebsite.com/Blog/tabid/61/EntryId/3303/Convert-PDF-files-to-PNG-Images-using-A...
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

This thread did what I needed perfectly with the PDF file so no conversion necessary.  Far less convoluted, free, fast, and effective.  

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/How-To-procedure-on-how-to-view-a-PDF-file-fr...

Be sure to read the whole thread to catch the detail of "encodeUriComponent" command if you are using dynamic content.  This stuff is so non-intuitive. 

Props to @AlanC for this one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 215 members 4,708 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: