cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alexlorenzo21
Level: Powered On

Create SP List Item with datetime field taking into account data enterers in different timezones.

Hey all,

I have a SharePoint Online Customized form that I created for a Timesheets tracking Sharepoint List. The issue I am running into is that one of my employees that enters data is in EST and another is in MST, and my company is based in PST. So when the EST employee entered the date time field data it saved and displays on my side as 3 hours prior to when it should look like for me (e.g., she sees 9am, I see 6 am). I am not sure how to approach this problem to make this customized form useable for any timezone. 

I  dont think I had this issue prior to creating the customized form as I think maybe SharePoint corrects for these difference in timezones?  

I think I might have to use the 'TimeZoneOffset' function, I am just not sure what properties it would be used in etc.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Create SP List Item with datetime field taking into account data enterers in different timezones

Hi @Alexlorenzo21,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to local Time Zone and the Time Zone format of your SP Site.

I think the TimeZoneOffset function could not achieve your needs. The TimeZoneOffset function returns the number of minutes between the user's local time and UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

If the users and you are in different time zone (e.g. the user is in EST, and you are in PST), even you and the end users enter same date time in Date Time field within your app, the display date time value in your SP list would also be different.

Currently, as an alternative solution, if you want the end users to see same date time value within your SP list, please ask them to convert their Time Zone format of their SP Site into the same one as you (converted into your local time zone).

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Create SP List Item with datetime field taking into account data enterers in different timezones

Hi @Alexlorenzo21,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue is related to local Time Zone and the Time Zone format of your SP Site.

I think the TimeZoneOffset function could not achieve your needs. The TimeZoneOffset function returns the number of minutes between the user's local time and UTC (Coordinated Universal Time).

If the users and you are in different time zone (e.g. the user is in EST, and you are in PST), even you and the end users enter same date time in Date Time field within your app, the display date time value in your SP list would also be different.

Currently, as an alternative solution, if you want the end users to see same date time value within your SP list, please ask them to convert their Time Zone format of their SP Site into the same one as you (converted into your local time zone).

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Alexlorenzo21
Level: Powered On

Thank you for your response.

Is there a setting where they go to convert it? or are you saying that if they pick a date like 12/31/2018 00:00:00 they have to enter it in as 1/1/2018 00:03:00 to account for it.