cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahelgoitom
Level: Powered On

Delegation warning but I am using delegable functions

Hi,

My data source is a SharePoint list, and this is the formula I am using on a combosearchbox control that searches a column based on the text that the user enters in the box:

SortByColumns(Filter('Project List',StartsWith(Description, ComboBox2.SearchText)),"Description",Ascending)

I get this warning:

Delegation warning. The Search part "Filter" of this formula might not work correctly on large data sets. The data source might not be able to process the formula and might return an incomplete data set. Your application might not return correct results or behave correctly if the data set is incomplete

However I believe I am using all compatible functions and predicates for delegation with a SP source:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-list 

Any advice is welcome and greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Delegation warning but I am using delegable functions

Hi @rahelgoitom,

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I think this issue is related to the Combo Box control itself rather than the formula that you provided. The Delegated function may not take effect within the Combo Box control.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to save your SP list into a Collection, then use the Collection as a data source within your Combo Box control.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

4.JPG

Set the OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following formula:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection,'20181019_case9_Courses')

On your side, you should type:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection, 'Project List')

Set the Items property of the Combo Box control to following formula:

SortByColumns(Filter(RecordsCollection, StartsWith(Title, ComboBox1.SearchText)),"Title",Ascending)

SortByColumns(Filter(RecordsCollection, StartsWith(Description, ComboBox2.SearchText)),"Description",Ascending)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @rahelgoitom,

Comboboxes don't play nice with Sharepoint data with one exception, when they are used for Choice or Lookup type columns in the list.   IMHO, It has to do with how a Combobox searches because I think the method it uses is not delegatable.  If you want to "search" a list used in a gallery or datatable, a textinput box is usually adequate.  The Items property of the Galley would be 

SortByColumns(Filter('Project List', StartsWith(Description, TextInput1.Text),"Description", Ascending)

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @rahelgoitom,

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side.

I think this issue is related to the Combo Box control itself rather than the formula that you provided. The Delegated function may not take effect within the Combo Box control.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to save your SP list into a Collection, then use the Collection as a data source within your Combo Box control.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

4.JPG

Set the OnVisible property of the first screen of your app to following formula:

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection,'20181019_case9_Courses')

ClearCollect(RecordsCollection, 'Project List')

Set the Items property of the Combo Box control to following formula:

SortByColumns(Filter(RecordsCollection, StartsWith(Title, ComboBox1.SearchText)),"Title",Ascending)

SortByColumns(Filter(RecordsCollection, StartsWith(Description, ComboBox2.SearchText)),"Description",Ascending)

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.