cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jbarkerag
Level: Powered On

Enter Not Working in Formula Bar

A few days ago, the enter key stopped working for me while using the formula bar. I cannot manually enter line breaks any more in my formulas. The "Format text" button still automatically creates line breaks, pressing enter now has a strange effect, shown in the picture below. It removes the cursor from the formula bar and then puts a blue border around the formula window.

Formula Enter Button Error.png

This seems like I just accidentally changed a setting and it would be easy to fix, but I haven't been able to find any other questions showing a similar problem in all the searching I have done so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Rick72
Level 10

Re: Enter Not Working in Formula Bar

Hi @jbarkerag,

Shift-Enter add a new line. Several people hope/expect this "feature" to be fixed.

Robot Happy Rick

All Replies
Rick72
Level 10

Hi @jbarkerag,

Shift-Enter add a new line. Several people hope/expect this "feature" to be fixed.

Robot Happy Rick

jbarkerag

Man I feel like an idiot.

Was it always this way? I could have sworn that I was only pressing enter to add new lines until just a few days ago. Maybe I'm just crazy. Regardless, thanks for the response!

Rebetcha
Level 8

It was not always this way. Until a week ago you could simply enter to add a new line. Since a week only Shift-Enter works. When you Enter only it looks like the formula bar is selected or something. Really annoying TBH.
jhmblvd

When I open or widen the formula bar to enter a long formula my mouse won't let go of the formula bar. For example if I move my mouse away the formua bar continues to move up and down with my mouse. As if I am dragging the bar up and down when I am not. How do you fix this?