cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summitb
Level: Powered On

Error showing "No of calculated field in query exceeded maximum limit of 10"

I am creating an app from a data source with 4098 records. Is there any limitation of record to that the data source can have a certain number of records only. Is there any way this can be solved?

Untitled-1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
r529

Re: Error showing "No of calculated field in query exceeded maximum limit of 10"

I began encountering this same error today after updating Project Service Automation to 3.x.  Specifically, I encounter this error when attempting to connect to the msdyn_project entity.

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Error showing "No of calculated field in query exceeded maximum limit of 10"

Hi @summitb,

Could you please share a bit more about the data source used within your app? Is it a Dynamics 365 Entity?

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side.

I have found similar issue with you, please check the following thread:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/New-error-Dynamics-365-Number-of-calcul...

I think it is a known limit that the Saved queries, charts, and visualizations can have a maximum of 10 unique calculated fields.

More details about the Calculated fields limits, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicscrm-2016/administering-dynamics-365/dn832...

Please check if the number of unique calculated fields in your Dynamics 365 Entity is more than 10.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
summitb

Yes, the calculated fields are more than 10. The app is working on the dev environment but not in the production. I won't be able to share my datasource in the forum. Is it any way I can talk share the issue with someone is private?

r529

In my case the number of calculated fields exceeds 10 in both my production and sandbox environments.  However, the problem only occurs in the sandbox environment after updating Project Service Automation to 3.0.  

I would also point out that this also affect Power BI queries and Microsoft Flow references.  Queries to the msdyn_project entity now return the same error message of  "Number of calculated fields in query exceeded maximum limit of 10."

Since the ShowColumns function appears to be non-delegable, are there other methods for specificy the return of only certain attributes - in the same way I would normally call the web api for D365?