cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom4
Level: Power Up

Excel how to set datatype

I am creating an powerapp canvas from an excel sheet. What I have done is creating an excel table with a date field and multiple currency fields. When I try to create a new powerapp the fields are transformed to a datatype called Abc. I am not able to change this in the app, only displaying the field in e.g. currency via a text format.

Is it possible to have the fields in currency in the powerapp so one can only enter numbers?

Is it possible to have the excel being updated and shown when opened in currency?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Excel how to set datatype

Hi @Tom4,

Do you want to display the Currency field from your Excel table as Currency value (e.g. $ 5200) within an app?

For your first question, if you want to display the Currency field from your Excel table as Currency value (e.g. $ 5200) within an app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, Currency field type is not supported within PowerApps. When you display the Currency field value from your Excel table within an app, the Currency value would be displayed as Number type value (rather than Abc (String)).

As an alternative solution, if you want to display the Currency field from your Excel table as Currency value (e.g. $ 5200) within your app, I think the Text function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

Set the Default property of the Text Input box within the Currency field Data card to following:

Text(Parent.Default, "[$-en-US]$ ##,###.00")

More details about the Text function, please check the following article:

Text function

For your second question, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps. As I mentioned above, Currency field type is not supported within PowerApps, the Currency field value would be converted into Number type value automatically.

In addition, if you want to set data type for fields from data source within PowerApps, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tom41
Level: Powered On

Re: Excel how to set datatype

abc.PNG

I would like to have all the fields except datum as an integer. How do you change this? The powerapp is built on excel. After this I want formulas with: Text(Sum(ThisItem.BV+ThisItem.BF+ThisItem.WH);"[$-nl-NL]€ #.##0,00") . Now this unfortunately changes the value from 33,73 to 3373.