cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SylvieLet17
Level 8

Filter Document Library with Wildcard

Hi all, 

I have an app with a gallery connected to a SharePoint Document Library. 

I have two TextInput fields: 
Document_Code and Document_Type

I filter the gallery as such: 

Filter(Collection1, Document_Code=TextInput1.Text && 'Type of Document'.Value=TextInput2.Text)

But I'd like to be able to do a wildcard filter, so that if any part of TextInput1.Text exists in the Document_Code column, then those results will display as well. 

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter Document Library with Wildcard

Depends on the how wild you want the wild cards.

If you are referring to "starting with" then use StartsWith.  Otherwise use search.

Filter(Collection1, StartsWith(Document_Code, TextInput1.Text) && 'Type of Document'.Value=TextInput2.Text)

For searching, use:

Search(Filter(Collection1, 'Type of Document'.Value=TextInput2.Text), TextInput1.Text, Document_Code)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Filter Document Library with Wildcard

Depends on the how wild you want the wild cards.

If you are referring to "starting with" then use StartsWith.  Otherwise use search.

Filter(Collection1, StartsWith(Document_Code, TextInput1.Text) && 'Type of Document'.Value=TextInput2.Text)

For searching, use:

Search(Filter(Collection1, 'Type of Document'.Value=TextInput2.Text), TextInput1.Text, Document_Code)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.