Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iskhj000
Level: Powered On

Filtered choice field will not save

• Below are both SharePoint lookup fields and choice boxes
  • I have a Category 1 field which works fine : 
    • invCategory1:      Choices(FAInventory.Category1)
  • I have a Category 2 field which should pull a sub set based upon the Category 1 selected:
    • invCategory2:      Filter(FACategory,invCategory1.Selected.Value=Category1.Value).Level_x0020_2

• This shows the drop down correctly (sub set based upon the Category 1 selected)
  • The problem is the field selected does not update to the SharePoint list
    • datacard: dcCategory2:  invCategory2.Selected

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
iskhj000

Re: Filtered choice field will not save

I ended up using a text field via Drop Down so all is good

for some reason Choice fields always give me grief

Thank you guys for your help

All Replies
TimRohr
Level 10

For your Category 2, are you trying to fill a dropdown, a combobox, or a textbox? If you are looking to fill a dropdown or a combobox, I'm wondering why you have the "Level_0x200_2" appended to the back end? You wouldn't want that one field, you would want the record so that you can save the appropriate piece of data. Further, Choices(), from  your first field, is getting the entire record for a lookup. Why wouldn't you need that for the second dropdown/combobox, too? You can still Filter() the returns to limit them appropriately...

On the other hand, if you are filling a textbox, you would want the field tacked on the end... but in that case you can't use Filter() as the outside function returning data to your control. Filter() returns a table, and the textbox is going to expect text. In that case, you have to wrap the Filter() in a First() (so that you are referring to one record), and then you can access the data in that Level_0x200_2 field.

KroonOfficeSol
Level 10

@iskhj000

It normal that it doesn't write back, because you don't use the right schema off your Choise Column.

Probably you can do this on the Dropdown.Items

Filter(Choices(....), Category1 = invCategory1.Selected.Value)

Or else use what you have and create a schema like the column you're updating. I would think something like this on the DataCard.Update attribute would work

ShowColumns(First(invCategoy2.SeletedItems), "Field1", "Field2") // Fields for the schema you need

Here you indeed should remove the .Level_x0020_2 because this gives you a one column table and not the object.

Hope this helps

Paul

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

HI @iskhj000,

Can you share a bit more about your issue?

Can you show me the screenshot of your App?

What are the column types of ‘invCategory1’ and ‘invCategory2’?

What are  ‘Category1’and ‘Level_x0020_2’?

Regards,

Eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
iskhj000

I ended up using a text field via Drop Down so all is good

for some reason Choice fields always give me grief

Thank you guys for your help