cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FacundoGorla
Level: Powered On

HELP! making data required depending on the value of other columns

Hi! I'm currently modifying a SharePoint List form.

I'm stuck at trying to make certain column data required depending on the current value of another two columns.

One column has choices and the other one is text.

I've tried a few different formulas but can't make it work. Here's what I've tried.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue25);If( DataCardValue4_2.Selected.Value="Descripción del problema";true);false)

Problem here is that Selected.Value it's the temporary value that the choice column has when you select that option. I want it to take the value that currently has in the list.

If(IsBlank(DataCardValue25) && LookUp('SIR CERRO 2'.Estado;Estado.Value="Descripción de problema";true);true;false)

didn't work either. tried a few more but already deleted them.

The idea is that it have to check if a column (multitext) is empty and if another column (a choice one) has certain value.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FacundoGorla

Re: HELP! making data required depending on the value of other columns

End up using this.

If('Detalles Análisis de causa_DataCard1'.Visible = true || If('Detalles Análisis de causa_DataCard1'.Visible = false && DataCardValue4_2.Selected.Value="Análisis de causa";true;false); true;false)

The logic behind it is that each choice has his own text column that's only visible when there's a specific choice.

And when the text column is visible I want it to be required. Besides, I want you to not be able to send the choice if the text column is not visible, and the visible property of the text column depends on the choice you are selecting and if another column is not blank.

Thanks for the help, sorry for the mess =)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
FacundoGorla

I've solved it using 

If('Detalles Acción inmediata_DataCard1'.Visible = true || IsBlank(DataCardValue25) = true; true;false)

since the visible checks the choice column, I made it share that value. Sorry if all of this is unclear.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @FacundoGorla ,

Have you solved your problem?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Required property of the Data card in your Edit form (SharePointForm1) could achieve your needs.

Please consider modify your formula as below:

set the Required proeprty of the corresponding Data card in your Edit form to following:

If(
   IsBlank(DataCardValue25.Text) && DataCardValue4_2.Selected.Value = "Descripción del problema";
   true;
   false
)

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
FacundoGorla

End up using this.

If('Detalles Análisis de causa_DataCard1'.Visible = true || If('Detalles Análisis de causa_DataCard1'.Visible = false && DataCardValue4_2.Selected.Value="Análisis de causa";true;false); true;false)

The logic behind it is that each choice has his own text column that's only visible when there's a specific choice.

And when the text column is visible I want it to be required. Besides, I want you to not be able to send the choice if the text column is not visible, and the visible property of the text column depends on the choice you are selecting and if another column is not blank.

Thanks for the help, sorry for the mess =)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 58 members 4,847 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: