cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheBeanStalk
Level: Powered On

HTML Text Box Control and Multi-Select Dropdowns

Hello PowerAppers,

I'm using an HTML Text control to preview a form that will be emailed by user upon clicking button control. Since PowerApps can't format forms when sending email, I'm HTML-ing the email body to look like a plain-format table with headers, shading & cells oh-my! My trouble is my Concat code... the table is a Collection table that captures [said]DataCardValues (and their values), but keep getting the red squigglies! UGH! Hate those! That field is a multi-selection dropdown list... with multi-selections selected. Just not sure what I'm doing wrong. Please help! 😢

Here's part of my code:

"<strong> Title: </strong>" &
"<table width='100%' border='1' cellpadding='5' style='border:1px solid black; border-collapse:collapse'>" &
     "<tr style='background-color:#efefef'>
         <th> header </th> <th> header </th> 
     </tr>
     <tr>" &
         Concat(col_ShiftReport,
             "<td>" & DataCardValues.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),","))

I've also tried... but still gives me the squigglies of death!

DataCardValues.Value

Here's snapshot:

reportShot.png

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTML Text Box Control and Multi-Select Dropdowns

Hi @TheBeanStalk,

Is DataCardValues the name of a combo box control? If so, please tell what is the Items property formula of this combo box. Please notice that the syntax of concat function is ConcatTableFormula ). While DataCardValues.SelectedItems.Value would return a table of records. I think this is the reason why Concat won't work. Please try with dropdown control to have a test.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TheBeanStalk
Level: Powered On

Re: HTML Text Box Control and Multi-Select Dropdowns

Hi Mona. Thank you for the follow-up. I ended up putting a hidden Label control to aggregate the multiple items... like this:

Concat(DataCardValue1.SelectedItems.Value, Concatenate(Text(Value),","))

Then call the text label in my HTML markup like this:

<table width='100%' border='1' cellpadding='5' style='border:1px solid black; border-collapse:collapse'>" & "
  <tr style='background-color:#efefef'>
    <th> header01 </th>
    <th> header02 </th></tr>
  <tr>" & "
    <td>" & text_control01 & "</td>" & 
    "<td>" & text_control02 & "</td>"

Not sure if that's the best way... but it worked! Smiley Happy

Thanks again for following up!