cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mithundey
Level: Powered On

How to populate a field from SharePoint list depends on other ShairPoint list data

I'm Creating a app depends on SharePoint list.

1. Pool Car Requsition.
  2. Department_Reviewer.Capture.PNG

Department value automatic comming from "Pool Car Requsition" list.

Department_Reviewer value need to populated from "Department_Reviewer" list depends on the department name of 'Department' field. Then need to save in "Pool Car Requsition" list. I need help to solve it.

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: How to populate a field from SharePoint list depends on other ShairPoint list data

Hi @mithundey,

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your "Department_Reviewer" SP list?

Do you want to populate the Department_Reviewer Text box within your Edit form automatically based on the selected Department name within the Department Combo Box?
I assume that there is a column called DepartmentName to store the department name value within your "Department_Reviewer" SP list already. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Default property of the Text Input box within the Department_Reviewer Data card to following formula:

LookUp(
'Department_Reviewer',
DepartmentName = DepartmentComboBox.Selected.Value, /* <- DepartmentComboBox represents the Combo Box control within the Department Data card */
ColumnName
)

Note: The DepartmentName is a column in your 'Department_Reviewer' list, which used to store the department name value. The ColumnName represents the column (in your 'Department_Reviewer' list) whose value you want to populate within the Department_Reviewer  Text box.

More details about the LookUp function, please check the following article:

LookUp function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All Replies
flb8591
Level: Power Up

Re: How to populate a field from SharePoint list depends on other ShairPoint list data

I am very new to PowerApps and have similar situation and would appreciate any assistance. Thank you!
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @mithundey,

Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your "Department_Reviewer" SP list?

Do you want to populate the Department_Reviewer Text box within your Edit form automatically based on the selected Department name within the Department Combo Box?
I assume that there is a column called DepartmentName to store the department name value within your "Department_Reviewer" SP list already. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Default property of the Text Input box within the Department_Reviewer Data card to following formula:

LookUp(
'Department_Reviewer',
DepartmentName = DepartmentComboBox.Selected.Value, /* <- DepartmentComboBox represents the Combo Box control within the Department Data card */
ColumnName
)

Note: The DepartmentName is a column in your 'Department_Reviewer' list, which used to store the department name value. The ColumnName represents the column (in your 'Department_Reviewer' list) whose value you want to populate within the Department_Reviewer  Text box.

More details about the LookUp function, please check the following article:

LookUp function

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.