cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

I wish to spawn a Windows Explorer to "Open File Location" when selecting a button.

When running on my PC, I want my app to open the location of a file.  I can feed the button with the full path.  I want the window to pop open to the location of a full path filename.  Can this be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jag75
Level: Powered On

Re: I wish to spawn a Windows Explorer to "Open File Location" when selecting a button.

I've had good success with Launch().

Example: Created a button, set OnSelect to the following (link sanatized for security):

Launch("https://XXXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Library/Forms/AllItems.aspx")

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I wish to spawn a Windows Explorer to "Open File Location" when selecting a button.

This is not available.

And there is an idea submitted on this:

Upload File to Cloud / OneDrive / Sharepoint

Besides, for picture, there is a picture control which could be used:

Add Picture control in PowerApps

Using multimedia files in PowerApps

A similar thread for your reference:

How to get the image from "Add Picture"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

THank you for your reply.  I'm not sure I explained myself well.  I'm not trying to attach anything.  I am wanting to open a file explorer to a particular path.  Such as:  C:\Files\Drawings\   That path will be a hyperlink in my sharepoint list, and in my powerapp.  I want to be able to pick on it, and a file explorer open.  I am not attempting to do an attach.  However, I'm still getting the idea this function is not available.

Thank you.

Highlighted
jag75

I've had good success with Launch().

Example: Created a button, set OnSelect to the following (link sanatized for security):

Launch("https://XXXXXX.sharepoint.com/sites/Marketing/Library/Forms/AllItems.aspx")

IS1979
Level: Power Up

I have also the same problem.

1. I'd like to add a button to a form that I built.

2. When the user clicks on the button, it will open windows explorer. (like a browse option)

2. The user will attach a URL link

Super User
Super User

@IS1979 ,

Did you try launch('URL')?  This did work for me.  Is there something different you are trying to do?

IS1979
Level: Power Up

It doesn`t work.

Can you attach a print screen?

jag75

Is there a pop-up being blocked? the Launch() command is pretty straightforward.

Super User
Super User

@IS1979 ,

This works...

image.png

check what @jag75  suggested... and get back.