cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SolarGuru
Level: Powered On

Keep images not links in a collection (Powerapps & SP)

Hi,

I've created a 'product' gallery in Powerapps that pulls in product data and small, web-friendly images from a Sharepoint list.  The images in the sharepoint list are actually links to images on Sharepoint.

As I've added offline functionality and tried to make the app run smoother with internet connections are slow, I've tansitioned most of the content to a collection on the device.  However, I beleive that I can't seem to get actual images files into the collection.  It's always the link.  These reason I think this is the case is that when I have a slow internet connection, everything in the collection (bound to a gallery) loads instantly and then very slowely, the images will load even though it is a collection and not bound to a SP list.

Is there anyway to get Powerapps to take the link from the collection or SP list and then load the actual images into the collection as opposed to regularly get them from Sharepoint online?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Keep images not links in a collection (Powerapps & SP)

Hi @SolarGuru 

How do you create your SP list?

I think you can firstly copy the original link of the images in your SP and paste it as Hyperlink in the SP list.

You can try the following workaround,I test as this.

Firstly,Copy the link:

Image1_Preview.PNG

Image_ViewOriginal.PNG

ImageLink.PNG

Then create the Image column in SP list as this:

SPlistImage.PNG

Image_SP.PNG

Then you can test on your App:

Image3.Image=ThisItem.Image

Image_PowerApp.PNG

If you want to use one collecion, you can add one button, then button.OnSelect=ClearCollect(TEST,'2019test')

Image_Collection.PNG

Then change the Gallery.Items=TEST  (TEST is collection name on my side,you can change that yours )

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Super User
Super User

Hi @SolarGuru 

You are not able to see the image, because the link that is getting displayed is not the original url of the image.

Link Address: https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/:i:/s/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you will just replace the SP list column with the original URL then your issue will get resolved.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @SolarGuru 

The Gallery image control, supports base64 URI and directly converts it into an image, please make sure that you pass the value in correct format.

I tried to insert a Image in one of my gallery, by just giving the Link Address of image and it works fine. You can just pass your URL instead of this general one and it should work. 

Can you please share details of the url that is getting returned from your sharepoint list, through this we will be able to help you better.
MicrosoftTeams-image (70).png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @SolarGuru 

How do you create your SP list?

I think you can firstly copy the original link of the images in your SP and paste it as Hyperlink in the SP list.

You can try the following workaround,I test as this.

Firstly,Copy the link:

Image1_Preview.PNG

Image_ViewOriginal.PNG

ImageLink.PNG

Then create the Image column in SP list as this:

SPlistImage.PNG

Image_SP.PNG

Then you can test on your App:

Image3.Image=ThisItem.Image

Image_PowerApp.PNG

If you want to use one collecion, you can add one button, then button.OnSelect=ClearCollect(TEST,'2019test')

Image_Collection.PNG

Then change the Gallery.Items=TEST  (TEST is collection name on my side,you can change that yours )

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

SolarGuru
Level: Powered On

Thanks.  This is interesting and I suspect we are in the right track. 

Mine is bound to the collection, but was originally bound to a SP Gallery before I implemented the collection.

Where you see something that is a dataUri, I'm using :

"ThisItem.ImagenPreview"

This is referencing a colomn in Sharepoint called ImagenPreview. 

In most cases, if you look at this column, you see the image (for example, in sharepoint looking at the list).  When I dig down, though (for example, by exporting the SP table to exel), I can see that the real contens of that list is a link to an image in the form of: https://XXXXXXXXXXX.sharepoint.com/:i:/r/sites/......./Photos%20Baja%20Resolucion/F4000.png?csf=1&e=...

Super User
Super User

Hi @SolarGuru 

You are not able to see the image, because the link that is getting displayed is not the original url of the image.

Link Address: https://xxxx.sharepoint.com/:i:/s/xxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you will just replace the SP list column with the original URL then your issue will get resolved.