Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AndrewA
Level: Powered On

MySql lookup returning no information

GLPI_States.jpg

I don't know what's causing this look up function to fail. I'm trying to pull the name from the glpi_states table and associate it with the states_id value on the glpi_computers table, but it's returning no information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: MySql lookup returning no information

Hi @AndrewA,

Could you please share a bit more about the id property that you mentioned within your LookUp formula?

Is the id a column in your glpi_computers table? Which type of the id column in your glpi_computers table?

Further, could you please share a data structure about your glpi_states table?

Please check if you have typed proper id column within your LookUp function. Please modify your formula as below:

LookUp('[glpi].[glpi_states]', Value(users_id) = Value(ThisItem.id) && users_id <> 0, name)

then check if your issue is solved.

In addition, is there a column called users_id in your glpi_states table? If not, please modify your formula as below:

If(users_id <> 0, LookUp('[glpi].[glpi_states]', id = users_id, name))

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AndrewA,

Could you please share a bit more about the id property that you mentioned within your LookUp formula?

Is the id a column in your glpi_computers table? Which type of the id column in your glpi_computers table?

Further, could you please share a data structure about your glpi_states table?

Please check if you have typed proper id column within your LookUp function. Please modify your formula as below:

LookUp('[glpi].[glpi_states]', Value(users_id) = Value(ThisItem.id) && users_id <> 0, name)

then check if your issue is solved.

In addition, is there a column called users_id in your glpi_states table? If not, please modify your formula as below:

If(users_id <> 0, LookUp('[glpi].[glpi_states]', id = users_id, name))

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AndrewA
Level: Powered On

Thank you for taking the time to look at this. I went back to my source data for the glpi_states table and there was a duplicate column in that table that was being referenced instead of the column by the same name in the glpi_computers table. I had thought that the positioning of the column name would indicate that I wanted to specifically reference the table assoicated with the form, but I reread the documentation for the lookup function, and it states that it finds the first record with that column name. Since there was a column with that name in the same table, it was trying to use that. I changed the column name to something else, and it works fine now.

Sorry for the long rambling; I haven't had coffee yet Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 22 members 4,280 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: