cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
oangodd
Level: Powered On

Navigate to Another and at the Same Time Send Data From First Screen To the Second Screen

Let's say I have a spreadsheet named CarCompanies with three fields, namely Ford, GM, and Toyota. Also I have three labels in the first screen of my PowerApp application with the values of Ford, GM, and Toyota. 

When I click on each label, I would like to navigate to the second screen where a gallery displays details about the selected company. So if the label with a text value of Ford is clicked, I would like to be sent to the second screen where a gallery displays details about Ford.

I would like to use just one gallery control for this instead of a separate gallery for each car company. I thought about using the Navigate function and send the name of the car company on the label to the second screen to be used in a Filter function but I don't know how to go about it;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Navigate to Another and at the Same Time Send Data From First Screen To the Second Screen

If the car company names and details are all on the spreadsheet then you need to make sure the data is structured in a table format with each row representing a car company and you have columns for the car company name and other detailed information you want to display. Then you can just auto generate a PowerApps app using the table in the Excel spreadsheet and it will create you a three screen app. The main screen will be a gallery which you can configure to show just the car company names and then when you select a car company it will bring you to the detail page which can display detailed information about the company from other columns in the spreadsheet. There will also be an New/Edit screen, so you can update or add car company information. If this functionality isn't needed then you can remove it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Navigate to Another and at the Same Time Send Data From First Screen To the Second Screen

If the car company names and details are all on the spreadsheet then you need to make sure the data is structured in a table format with each row representing a car company and you have columns for the car company name and other detailed information you want to display. Then you can just auto generate a PowerApps app using the table in the Excel spreadsheet and it will create you a three screen app. The main screen will be a gallery which you can configure to show just the car company names and then when you select a car company it will bring you to the detail page which can display detailed information about the company from other columns in the spreadsheet. There will also be an New/Edit screen, so you can update or add car company information. If this functionality isn't needed then you can remove it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.