cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
RhiannonV
Level: Powered On

PowerApps delegation issue with no warning and weird number search problem

Hi,
 
I'm experiencing a couple of issues that I hope someone can help with before I go completely bald over this! I have a text input field (SearchText) and a button with onSelect property of:
 
ClearCollect(MatchingSiteURLs,Filter('Site Provisioning Log',StartsWith(URL,SearchText.Text)))
 
(The 'Site Provisioning Log' is a SharePoint Online list with approximately 1000 records currently, and URL is a single line of text field)
 
The idea behind the button is that a user starts typing a URL that they are searching for (e.g. https://t), and clicking the button will display the results (MatchingSiteURLs) in a list box. I've got this part working. HOWEVER, after doing some testing, it's only searching the first 500 records in the list, even though I've used delegable functions above and I don't get any delegation warnings on this button.
 
Another weird issue is that I searching for anything with a number, such as "https://2", no values are returned, even though there are records that meet this criteria within the first 500 list records.
 
I'm going insane - can anyone help? Have I misunderstood how delegation works, or is there something wrong with the formula?
 
Thank you!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RhiannonV
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps delegation issue with no warning and weird number search problem

Problem resolved!
 
So, there was no delegation warning because my formula was fine. The problem was that several (or indeed, most) of the URLs had leading white spaces. This just so happened to affect almost every item after the 500 count, and also on the URLs that started with a number (e.g. https://2)
 
Argh. I'm off to beat the list owner with some PowerShell, and then have a lie down in a darkened room.
1 REPLY 1
RhiannonV
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps delegation issue with no warning and weird number search problem

Problem resolved!
 
So, there was no delegation warning because my formula was fine. The problem was that several (or indeed, most) of the URLs had leading white spaces. This just so happened to affect almost every item after the 500 count, and also on the URLs that started with a number (e.g. https://2)
 
Argh. I'm off to beat the list owner with some PowerShell, and then have a lie down in a darkened room.