cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunter
Level 8

Print Form

I have an app that populates data into a form. I then want to have a Print button that will print Form contents to a PDF, is this possible in PowerApps?

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Print Form

Hi @thunter,

Printing directly is still not avaiable so far in PowerApps. But you could vote on below idea, whose status is started:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Printing/idi-p/846

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi @thunter,

do you use SharePoint as your datasource? If yes, then an easy and quick solution could be to write a workflow which automatically fill out a word content type (for example a word document).

Best regards

Stef

thunter
Level 8

Hi @PowerAnalytics

My datasource is pulled from a Table in an SQL Database. Will your suggestion still work or is that for SharePoint datasource only? Thanks!

Hi @thunter,

my suggestion is relating to SharePoint datasources only. If it is possible to save your data (output) to SharePoint let me know.

Best regards,

Stef

Super User
Super User

You can connect your sql tables to desktop MS Access and create your reports there.
Pwhite
Level: Powered On

Yes, you would use Microsoft Flow to acccomplish this task. Actually pretty simple after you watch this video. It will accomplish exactly what you want to do or at least I think so. Let me know if it works.

https://youtu.be/bfXV_GXc_JM

If you don’t like this idea I also use webmerge to do this all the time using PowerApps either with a button pushed in PowerApps or send to a table and then do a simple flow that says when new row trigger the flow to send all the data to webmerge. Either way works. Only problem is we merge is $49 per month for what I do with it but offers the ability to upload fillable PDFs and use PowerApps to push all my data to it and email me the completed PDF and lots of other options. Probably a better option if you need to create PDFs from existing forms that would be hard (but possible) to recreate the first way I explained up top. The first option simple uses the HTML control or whatever you want really and sends it to flow and flow creates a table for example and then converts the final output to PDF. And the flow is very simple following that video.
thunter
Level 8

@Pwhite

I was watching the video you posted and I see Shane has already created the PDF file. Is there a previous video that shows how to create the PDF file? Thank you.

Pwhite
Level: Powered On

Just took a quick look at it. Have to leave but look at minute 10:04 on the Youtube video.  Its the part where he shows the flow to create the PDF unless I am missing something.  I am running out the door so didn't verify it 100% but I believe thats where your looking for.

I recently posted a blog that leverages a Microsoft Word document template with content controls mapped to the Document Library metadata fields. This is similar to the html-based solution mentioned earlier in this thread.

PowerApps: Booking form with automated conversion to PDF

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 272 members 4,551 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: