Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save and continue to next screen & Multiple saves in a same screen

Hi All,

I have a requirement, where i need to save form multiple times, for the first time if user clicks on Save option it should create an item in sharepoint list, and after that if user click on save again system should only update the record,

Continuation with above one after saving the records in screen1 user will be navigated to second screen(screen2) and continue to add information, and sharepoint record should get updated which was created in screen1

I have checked LastSubmit but not sure how to use it in my screens, please help me on how to achieve this.

If(!IsBlank(EditData),Patch('viability questionnaire',EditForm1.LastSubmit,EditForm1.Updates,EditForm1_1.Updates,
EditForm1_2.Updates),Patch('viability questionnaire',Defaults('viability questionnaire'),EditForm1.Updates,EditForm1_1.Updates,
EditForm1_2.Updates));Set(EditData,"Yes")

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Save and continue to next screen & Multiple saves in a same screen

Hi @Anonymous,

My understanding is that you have 2 screens and both have edit forms.

On Screen1, there is an EditForm1, when first selecting submit button, it would save the item, and not navigating back, but stay on Screen1. Then you want to continue editing and then submit again with the edited information. 

On Screen2, there is an EditForm2, and you want the item that was just submitted with EditForm1.

Sorry but I do not understand the difference between the 2nd time editing on EditForm1 and the editing on EditForm2. They actually doing the same thing. Just on the different screens.

Even though, this can still be achieved.

1. Set the OnSuccess property of the EditForm1 to:

false

After this, after selecting submit form button, it will update the current record and still stay on this screen and you can continue to edit and submit again.

2. On Screen1, insert a button and set its OnSelect property to:

EditForm(EditForm1);Navigate(Screen2,None)

3. For the Item property on EditForm2, set it as the same with Item property of EditForm1. Like:

BrowseGallery1.Selected

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Save and continue to next screen & Multiple saves in a same screen

Thank you mona for you response,

but when i move to Editform2/Screen2 how do i get

BrowseGallery1.Selected

because i am not moving from browsergallery, i am going from screen1 to 2, i want to know how to i hold the same item from screen1 to 2 so that i can keep working on same item

i will explian the scenario again

Screen1:

Add data to fields -->click on save button and will stay on same screen but item gets created in sharepoint list and user will continue adding data to same screen

once user finishes his work on screen1 he will save the details again and click on continue button, which will navigate to screen2

Screen2:

User will do the same steps as of screen 1 but, the data will get updated on item which gets created earlier in sharepoint list

The question i have is, how can i keep the status of the item and move on to multiple screens so that i can keep working on same item.