Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RandyR1963
Level: Powered On

Show/Hide Form

Hi OwerApp Pros

I am trying to build a PA with 2 Forms from the same SP list, 

Form3 is all the Data Points i need, I haved buttons that change the FormMode to View, Edit, New, 

Form4 is just the Attachments to the same SP List,  I am using a toggle to UpdateContext if true,  UpdateContext({ASttachments:true}) and a button on the Form4 that Cancels , UpdateContext({Attachments:false}) which work fine. 

When i click on New, Edit or View Button and get the approprate screen, the Form2 UpdateContexst doesn't work as false, it always show the Form4 .  

I have tried this using the UpdateContext before and after the NewForm, EditForm and ViewForm . 

Any Ideas are greatly appreciated how to only show the Form4 when the toggle is selected and not when transistioning to another FormMode. 

Capture.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Level 8

Re: Show/Hide Form

Hi @RandyR1963 ,

Do you want to make Form4 invisible when clicking New/Edit button if Form4 shows in the screen?  Can you share the formulas on Visible property of Form4? Are variable names consistent? They seem to be inconsistent in your post.

Annotation 2019-09-09 132737.png

I have made a test according to your description, and don’t have the issue you mentioned.  You can refer to my formulas and check if there is something wrong with yours.

• OnChange(Toggle1) : If(Toggle1.Value,UpdateContext({Attachments:true}))
  • OnSelect(Cancel button): UpdateContext({Attachments:false})
  • OnSelect(New button): NewForm(Form1);NewForm(Form2);UpdateContext({Attachments:false})
  • Visible(Form4): Attachments

Annotation 2019-09-09 132020.png

Best Regards,

Sik

RandyR1963

@v-siky-msft 

Thank you for your reply, 

OnVisale for the Screen i have set this as - UpdateContext({Attachments:false})

When i open the Screen and with the OnVisable as decribed above set to False, , I do not get the Form3 to popup,

For the Cancel Button i show in the previous screen shot ,

i have the OnSelect set as - ViewForm(Form3) ; ViewForm(Form4) UpdateContext({Attachments:false})

On the New Form Button OnSelect Set to - NewForm(Form3) ; NewForm(Form4) ; UpdateContext({Attachments:false}) 

On the Edit Button OnSelect I have - EditForm(Form3) ; EditForm(Form4) ; UpdateContext({Attachments:false}) 

When i select any of the other buttons to transition from New, Edit or View , the From4 still popsup with the formulas mentioned 

On the Toggle , I was using OnCheck  - UpdateContext({Attachments: true}) and have a Button on the Form4 popup that is set to UpdateContext({Attachments:false})

RandyR1963

Wanted to bring this back to the top of the list to see if there are any additional ideas to the original post. ?

@v-siky-msft I tired your method you mention and it still opens the attachment form when changing to a different FormMode

I am trying to use a Seperate form for the Attachment only of my SP List Data. 

When I select a Button to move to a different FormMode, View, Edit, New,   the Aattachment form always opens in that screen even if i have the Buttom set to NewForm(Form3) ; UpdateContext({Attachments:false}) 

The idea is to use a Toggle=true in any section that is asking for a Picture and allowing the user to attache that picture at that time via the Attachments form popup  , UpdateContext({Attachements:true}) , and this is the only time i want the Attachements form to show.  all other selections should NOT show the form when just transitioning to a new FormMode unles the toggle is selected. 

TIA 

Randy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 232 members 5,015 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: