cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BigBeuferd
Level: Powered On

Show information from Gallery in HTML text box

I've created a great UI with several Gallerys that are populated from Context Variables (TechBillingHours and SupplyHouseRuns)

I would like to itterate through the  context variables (that are tables, right?) and put them in a single html based email.

I don't really know how to go about it.

I'm thinking a forall that dumps into a variable that an HTML Text box links to for testing and viewing before email is sent.

I've been thinking that I need a to use a forall wrapped in a statement that looks something like...

ForAll(TechBillingHours, Set(myTechs,Concatenate(Value,";")  but it's not working at all.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BigBeuferd

Re: Show information from Gallery in HTML text box

I really enjoy Shane.  I've learned a lot from him.  Today, though, I decided not to go to YouTube.  I wanted to figure it out on my own...and I did....with some reference....

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Send-email-HTML-format-problem/m-p/121482#M2649

I figured out I needed to itterate through each record in a Collection.  Take each record and combine all it's Columns into one with html formatting.  

The Collections I needed to turn into HTML is named- TechBillingHours and I used the Collection TableData to form the Html.

The table has personal data, so no view of the end result, BUT...here is the code that I came up with.....terribly happy with myself!

ForAll(
TechBillingHours,
Collect(
TableData,
"<tr> <td>" & Tech & "</td>
<td>" & StartTime & "</td>
<td>" & StopTime & "</td>
<td>" & Lunch & "</td>
<td>" & TotalTime & "</td>
</tr>
"
)
)
3 REPLIES 3
BenFetters
Level 8

Hi,

I've seen and done something similar to this my self and it works pretty great! I learned how to do it from a video by Shane Young on youtube. He can explain it better in this video than I can on here, so I will leave the link to it there. Hope it helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Shane Young HTML Video

Kind regards & good luck,

Ben

BigBeuferd

I really enjoy Shane.  I've learned a lot from him.  Today, though, I decided not to go to YouTube.  I wanted to figure it out on my own...and I did....with some reference....

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Send-email-HTML-format-problem/m-p/121482#M2649

I figured out I needed to itterate through each record in a Collection.  Take each record and combine all it's Columns into one with html formatting.  

The Collections I needed to turn into HTML is named- TechBillingHours and I used the Collection TableData to form the Html.

The table has personal data, so no view of the end result, BUT...here is the code that I came up with.....terribly happy with myself!

ForAll(
TechBillingHours,
Collect(
TableData,
"<tr> <td>" & Tech & "</td>
<td>" & StartTime & "</td>
<td>" & StopTime & "</td>
<td>" & Lunch & "</td>
<td>" & TotalTime & "</td>
</tr>
"
)
)
BenFetters
Level 8

Oh awesome! Yes it always is a smart idea to try to figure out yourself and then you learn more! That is great and I'm sure I'll use some version of your same solution someday. Thank you! Glad you figured it out!