cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mikecopp
Level: Powered On

Submit date as text string to excel table?

Does anyone know how i can submit the current now() time to an excel table as string of text from a form? I am having an issue in my app when doing a lookup against the values selected from a dropdown which are text. I am getting an error that states left is date and right is text. Basically i have one app that a user clicks a button which submits their logged in name, gps coord's and the now() time, all which are labels.  I have another app with a map that displays their location based on the dropdown selection of their name and the checked in dates. The name drop down filters all records with the users name which populates the date dropdown with the checked in dates. Once the date is selected, it will lookup that record and then gps coords from that record will display a pin on the map.   

I tried formating the now() label in the check in app using Text( Now(), "[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss" ) which seems to only format it in the app and not the update of the record in the excel table.  If i set the date column in the excel table to "General"  it gives me a number value for the date instead.  Hopefully that makes sense? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mikecopp

Re: Submit date as text string to excel table?

I figured it out by setting the left side of my date lookup to:  text(columname)=dropdown1.selected.value so that it was comparing text to text.   

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mikecopp,

I think your requirement cannot be achieved so far. No matter how you format the Now() to Excel table, as long as the column in excel table is data type, it will always be date format in excel. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mikecopp

Ok thanks for the reply. I will try to think of another way that i can lookup the specific record by the date. I do have it working by making the excel column a date format mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm but then it formats the drop down like this 2017-11-27T07:24:00Z and it works when it is like that. The dropdown then randomly switches itself back to a mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss format and breaks the app. 

mikecopp

Do you know of a way to format the data items pulled into a dropdown box as date format? 

mikecopp

I figured it out by setting the left side of my date lookup to:  text(columname)=dropdown1.selected.value so that it was comparing text to text.