Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gabrielv22
Level: Powered On

Value Of Dropdown

Hello all.

I have a forms with TextInputs and a DropDown with values of a list of SharePoint.

I need send the data of forms to another list of SharePoint, I use the RUN function but can't see the value of DropDown.

How can I get the value of the DropDown to export it with the RUN function?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Value Of Dropdown

@gabrielv22

The same formula works fine in my case. I am able to print the selected dropdown result as a label. Can you please try with Dropdown1.Selected.Result 

I am hoping that in your case, it is storing the result attribute. You can verify this by putting just "Dropdown1.Selected." in the Text attribute, rest the powerapps editor will pop up with all the possible values. If you see Result, please use it.
4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hey @gabrielv22 

To get the selected Value from the dropdown, please use the below snippet in your formula where you want to feed with the selected value in the dropdown:

Dropdown1.Selected.Value

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
gabrielv22
Level: Powered On

Hi @yashag2255 

I try with this function, but I can't with a label.

DropDown Name: Dropdown1

Screenshot_1.png

Super User
Super User

@gabrielv22

The same formula works fine in my case. I am able to print the selected dropdown result as a label. Can you please try with Dropdown1.Selected.Result 

I am hoping that in your case, it is storing the result attribute. You can verify this by putting just "Dropdown1.Selected." in the Text attribute, rest the powerapps editor will pop up with all the possible values. If you see Result, please use it.
v-yutliu-msft
Level 10

Hi @gabrielv22 ,

Could you tell me

1)what's the files's data type that the drop down use?

2)how do you set the drop down?

If you set the drop down's data source to list1, set it value to fielename1

I suggest you use :

DropDown1.Selected.fieldname1

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu