Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
asdeev
Level: Powered On

concatenate multiple text inputs in the App and patch() into one column in sql

Hi Guys,

Is there a way to concatenate multiple text inputs in patch () And also in gallery1.selected function (in edit mode) and also save it in SQL in one column ? 

Please see attached.

In my scenario, the users will have more than 1 job steps so I want to concatenate all of them when patching and saving in one column in database table .

Any advice helps!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: concatenate multiple text inputs in the App and patch() into one column in sql

Hi @asdeev,

I like to use IsBlank(Parent.Default) to test whether a form is in New mode. In your case, I would put the following in the Update property of the datacard in the Edit form

If(IsBlank(Parent.Default), 1, Parent.Default)
4 REPLIES 4
AndySid
Level 8

Re: concatenate multiple text inputs in the App and patch() into one column in sql

Hi, I answeed this in your other post, here it is in case ou missed it...

on a label Text called myCombined

Concatenate(Label1.Text, ", ",  Label2.Text, ", ", Label3.Text & ", Gallery Selected = " &  Gallery1.Selected.Unit)

now patch:

Patch(Units,Defaults(Units),{Unit:myCombined.Text})

Results in a new record in table "Units" for Column "Unit" with the value of:

"A, B, C, Gallery Selected = Hrs"

Does this help?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @asdeev ,

Can you share a bit more about your issue ?

By your saying “concatenate multiple text inputs in patch() and also in gallery1.selected function, do you want to save the string that concatenate multiple text inputs from the edit form with patch function ?

If I understand your issue correctly , I have made a test.

I created a sharepoint list named ‘test1’and a SQL table named  ‘table1’

15.png

Set Items property of the gallery1 to: test1.

Set Item property of the Edit Form to: Gallery1.Selected

Set OnSelect property of the button to :

Patch('[dbo].[table1]',LookUp('[dbo].[table1]',ID=1),{name:Concatenate(DataCardValue1.Text,",",DataCardValue2.Text,",",DataCardValue3.Text)})

Regards,

Eason

Community Support Team _ Eason YU
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
asdeev
Level: Powered On

Hi Guys,

thanks alot for your help!. This is great but when I try to get the data back in the edit mode of the form it doesnt come.

On the default property of the TextInput7 I am saying

If(!Exisitng, "1.", TextInput7.Text) --- When I use this formula it says "this rule creates circular reference to the property".

What am I doing wrong?

I want to show the filled information of the textboxes back when the user opens the form in edit mode.

So thats why I am saying if its a new form then just show 1. if not show the value of the Textbox, I hope it makes sense?)

Super User
Super User

Hi @asdeev,

I like to use IsBlank(Parent.Default) to test whether a form is in New mode. In your case, I would put the following in the Update property of the datacard in the Edit form

If(IsBlank(Parent.Default), 1, Parent.Default)