cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyEngels
Level: Powered On

invalid argument type

There is a problem when i try to create this delete function to remove a record.
When i try to add the formula like i'm supposed to in section 1, the synthaxis doesn't light up like it should.

I also tried using the equal sign (section 2) but then the error message says invalid argument type.

Can anyone give me some advise, because i'm a new poweruser.

Thanks alot, 

Danny.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TimRohr
Level 10

Re: invalid argument type

In PowerApps, some properties are action statements (ie, do this, do that, do some other thing) and some are just formulaic (evaluate some formula to true/false, or a number).

Provided you are putting this in a property that is actionable (like the OnClick property of your button), then you can do multiple lines of instruction. Bear in mind, each line must be terminated. In the US, that line terminator is the semi-colon, and arguments for a given statement (like Remove()) are separated by commas. Other regional settings use the semi-colon to separate the arguments for a given statement and... another character... for the line separator, like maybe two semi-colons...?

You definitely do not want the equal sign connecting what are really different statements... that isn't at all what you are trying to do. You want your line-terminator, whatever that is. Try the double-semi-colon and post back.

3 REPLIES 3
TimRohr
Level 10

In PowerApps, some properties are action statements (ie, do this, do that, do some other thing) and some are just formulaic (evaluate some formula to true/false, or a number).

Provided you are putting this in a property that is actionable (like the OnClick property of your button), then you can do multiple lines of instruction. Bear in mind, each line must be terminated. In the US, that line terminator is the semi-colon, and arguments for a given statement (like Remove()) are separated by commas. Other regional settings use the semi-colon to separate the arguments for a given statement and... another character... for the line separator, like maybe two semi-colons...?

You definitely do not want the equal sign connecting what are really different statements... that isn't at all what you are trying to do. You want your line-terminator, whatever that is. Try the double-semi-colon and post back.

TimRohr
Level 10

@DannyEngels ...

Welcome to powerapps and the community, too!

Highlighted
DannyEngels
Level: Powered On

Hello TimRohr, Thank you for the response, the reply that you gave me helped. The problem was like you suggested, that there had to be a double semi-colons between the synthax. Thanks again. Danny.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 194 members 4,518 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: