cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mccardj3
Level: Power Up

Repeating Tables Text Input Data not Patching to SharePoint List

Hi, I'm new to PowerApps and to this forum. I've been creating a rather complex form-based app based on Shane Young's YouTube instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgznk4XlPCo&t=1343s.

I followed the instructions which worked as expected, however, I replaced the text input controls with 2 dropdown controls and 2 Date picker controls, when I did this I was required to convert these controls to an appropriate type as PowerApps was giving up an error.

Now, when I submit a ForAll(Patch) function, the 2 dropdown controls and 2 Date picker controls correctly upload the data to my SharePoint list but the 2 text inputs do not - they remain blank.

Any ideas?

This is my code and screenshots:

OnSuccess on the first Screen:

ForAll(PursuitPlanCollection, Patch(PursuitPlan, Defaults(PursuitPlan), {Function: Function, PursuitRole: PursuitRole, PersonName: PersonName, Responsibility: Responsibility, Leave_From: LeaveFrom, Leave_To: LeaveTo, MasterID: OpportunityForm.LastSubmit.ID}))

In the Yellow button at the bottom of the above screen I have a ClearCollect function:

ClearCollect(PursuitPlanCollection, {Function: FunctionInput.Selected, PursuitRole: PursuitRoleInput.Selected, PersonName: "", Responsibility: "", LeaveFrom: LeaveFromInput.SelectedDate, LeaveTo: LeaveFromInput.SelectedDate});Navigate(TeamScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade)

When you press that yellow button, you navigate to the next screen with a Gallery:

Screen 2:

The gallery contains the 2 dropdown controls, 2 text inputs (this is the issue), and 2 date picker controls.

When you press the Add icon, a new row is created. See the code below:

Collect (PursuitPlanCollection, {Function: FunctionInput.Selected, PursuitRole: PursuitRoleInput.Selected, PersonName: "", Responsibility: "", LeaveFrom: LeaveFromInput.SelectedDate, LeaveTo: LeaveToInput.SelectedDate});

And when you hit the Next button at the bottom of the screen, the SubmitForm function runs whereby all the data uploads to my SharePoint list.

The Issue: The text input controls do not upload any data at all to my SharePoint list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
shailendra74
Level: Powered On

Re: Repeating Tables Text Input Data not Patching to SharePoint List

Onchage of  PersonName,  Responsibility update the collection PursuitPlanCollection and submit.

Thanks.

mccardj
Level: Powered On

Re: Repeating Tables Text Input Data not Patching to SharePoint List

Thanks! That worked for me.