cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Accessing other users' profile picture.

Is there any way we can access the profile picture of othe office 365 users. We can get other details such as Department, Given name , Display name etc. using the Office365Users connection but is it possible we can get images too like in the case of User().Image for other users ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Accessing other users' profile picture.

Hi Prachi,

In PowerApps studio, I created a connection to Office 365 users, I can get the User Profile, Manager, My Profile, Search User, etc. But I didn’t find a function about User Image just like User().Image.

This article is about “Office 365 Users”, currently, the Output properties of the profile don’t contain user Photo/Image, please refer to it.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-office365-users/

you could also submit your idea at “PowerApps Ideas”:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Prachi,

In PowerApps studio, I created a connection to Office 365 users, I can get the User Profile, Manager, My Profile, Search User, etc. But I didn’t find a function about User Image just like User().Image.

This article is about “Office 365 Users”, currently, the Output properties of the profile don’t contain user Photo/Image, please refer to it.
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/connection-office365-users/

you could also submit your idea at “PowerApps Ideas”:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mckinnm2000
Level: Powered On

How can I search and return O365 user information ?

How do I  a connection to Office 365 users, so that I can get the User Profile, Manager, Search User, etc.

I created a list screen (Image, title, sub title). That specifically do I need to enter to pull back Profile, Manager, Phone number? I did setup the data source as Office365Users but it does no pull back any naes in the search. It appears to only pull back the default test data. How can I get it to pull back organizational names from O365? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thx

Please provide specifics as I am new to powerapps. Thanks

lnyemadden
Level: Power Up

@Prachi_2911wrote:

Is there any way we can access the profile picture of othe office 365 users. We can get other details such as Department, Given name , Display name etc. using the Office365Users connection but is it possible we can get images too like in the case of User().Image for other users ?

Option 1: This was something that I didn't know about, but is probabally the better way of going about obtaining images.

While I was exploring the Office365Users data source, I found that there is an Office365Users.UserPhoto() function that you can utilize to retrieve user image, just place the following into the Image property of the template image object within your gallery:

Office365Users.UserPhoto(ThisItem.Mail)

Keep in mind that this will cause an error for each user within the list that does not have a profile photo associated with their account. If you have a large number of users without photos, it may temporarily break your IDE, as it has a very large amount of errors to process.

Option 2: This method was the method I was using before I figured out that there was a function for it. This method doesn't give errors, however it also will not display images if the user doesn't have an image.

This method requires that the user is logged into their Sharepoint account on the device that they are using. Change the image property of the image template within the gallery to the following:

"https://outlook.office365.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetPersonaPhoto?email="& ThisItem.Mail & "&UA=0&size=HR96x96"

This should fetch the profile image from the outlook website, but note that if a user doesn't have a profile image, no image will display.

I created this because I couldn't find this info anywhere. I hope that this solution helps someone else!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

Users Online
Currently online: 90 members 4,426 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: