Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tagustin
Level: Powered On

Acronym List Search and Sort Question

Hello everyone,

I'm new to PowerApps and this is my first time writing in.  I have built an Acronym PowerApp with the following browse gallery code:

SortByColumns(Filter(Acronyms, StartsWith(Acronym, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

I want to be able to do two things:

1) Search for an acronym (e.g. asap) and have it return that result (the above code works fine for that).

2) I want to return a list of all acronyms beginning with a specific letter with all of the results sorted in alphabetical order. The first part is okay- if I type in the letter P I get all of the acronyms that start with the letter P, but they don't appear in alphabetical order.

Can someone please help me out?  If we need to reference a secondary column, I do have a column in my SharePoint list called "Letter".

Thank you,

Teresa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Acronym List Search and Sort Question

I think you just need to make one small change to your SortByColumns and change "Title" to "Acronym".

SortByColumns(Filter(Acronyms, StartsWith(Acronym, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Acronym", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Acronym List Search and Sort Question

I think you just need to make one small change to your SortByColumns and change "Title" to "Acronym".

SortByColumns(Filter(Acronyms, StartsWith(Acronym, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Acronym", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.