cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SaWu
Level 8

Add Picture control not working on Nexus 6P, Android 8.1.0

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

On (only) one of our company devices a

Nexus 6P
Android 8.1.0
Kernel version 3.10.73-g309d642
Build OPM7.181205.001
PowerApps version 3.18114.16

I cannot get the Add Picture control to work with the device camera.
Clicking the control, choosing Files, then choosing a file, works and changes the Image displayed in UploadedImage.
Clicking the control, choosing Camera, taking a picture, then confirming with the fat tick button, only returns me to the PowerApp without doing anything, in particular not changing displaying the picture supposedly just taken with the camera.

I can consistently reproduce this with said device even with a simple test-PowerApp, blank canvas, phone layout, only adding one Add Picture control, no other modifications.
image.png

I haven't encountered this issue with our other devices, Ipad Air, Aquarius X (Android 8.1.0).

My questions

1. Does anyone else experience a non-working Add Picture control with a Nexus 6P, or another device?
  2. Does anyone else have no issues with a Nexus 6P with same versions numbers?
  3. Any workaround for me, except for taking the picture with camera directly and selecting it from files? 
28 REPLIES 28
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Add Picture control not working on Nexus 6P, Android 8.1.0

Hi @SaWu,

I have made a test on my side (within my iOS device -- iPhone X), and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The version of PowerApps Mobile App in my iOS device is 3.18122.23, The version of my iOS device is 12.1.2.

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Please check if the version of PowerApps Mobile App in your Android device is the latest version, if not, please upgrade it to the latest version, then try your app again, check if the issue is solved.

In addition, you could also consider uninstall the PowerApps Mobile App from your Android device, and then re-install it, try your app again, check if the issue still exists.

If you want to use the nature Camera in your Android device to capture pictures, you could also consider add a Camera control within your app instead of Add Picture control (you could add both Camera control and Add picture within your app, one (Add Picture control) for taking pictures from your local device, another (Camera control) for capturing pictures using nature Camera of your Android device).

If the issue still exists, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SaWu
Level 8

As I've clearly written in my problem description, I am currently only experiencing this with one specific device, a Nexus 6P which is clearly not an iPhone.
The PowerApps version, 3.18114.16 is the latest one from the Google Play store (checked 2019-01-11), at the time of testing and writing.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.msapps&hl=en_US
image.png
Also, I have another Android device here, an Aquariux X, same PowerApps version, without the non-working Add Picture control.

1. I don't want to use the Camera control, which features mostly a lack of features and a limited resolution.
  2. I am not interested in random devices without my issue. I know that the control works on some devices. I want it to work on my specific device as well.
SaWu
Level 8

Also tried reinstalling PowerApps, rebooting, reloading, no changes, Add Picture Control - Camera still not working on ONE specific device, a Nexus 6P.

Administrator
Administrator

adding in @FilipK to review and assist. 

@TopShelf-MSFT

PowerApps Staff FilipK
PowerApps Staff

We are investigating this issue, it seems to be device specific.

Microsoft Employee

Hi SaWu,

I tested add picture control on a Nexus 6P device with Android 8.1.0 installed.  I had no problem using the add picture control with camera.  I did exactly what you said.  I created a simple canvas app with just an add picture control with no other modification.  I ran the app on the Nexus 6P device and the add picture control worked correctly.  I tested this using a fresh install of the latest store build which is 3.18124.25 which is last updated on January 14, 2019.  Could you please install the latest version of PowerApps and try again?  Please let us know if you still experience the issue.  Thanks.

SaWu
Level 8

Hello and Thank you for your consideration.

I just redid PowerApp (again, just plain Phone-layout canvas App, adding Add picture control, saving & publishing, no other modifications), reinstalled PowerApps on device, gave it all App permission, cleared cache, tried the PowerApp again.
It is still not working.
I don't have another Nexus 6p device to test.

PowerApps Version: 3.19012.19 (Last updates Jan 22, 2019)
SessionId: 90c16ca7-be45-4854-93df-539041056715
Model: Nexus 6P
Android version: 8.1.0
Android security patch level: December 5, 2018
Baseband version: angler-03.88
Kernel version: 3.10.73-g309d642 (gcc version 4.9.x-google 20140827 (prerelease) (GCC) ) android-build@abfarm909 #1 Thu Oct 11 19:39:39 UTC 2018
Build number: OPM7.181205.001

rjchar
Level: Powered On

Anyone solve this?  I also ran into this same issue on an Android phone.  We are evaluating PowerApps as a company solution but if it only runs on Apple phones, that cuts out half our work force.  That's a deal breaker.

JackDog
Level: Powered On

I have the same issue on my Moto g6, Android 8.0, Any progress on this issue??