cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
simkessy
Level: Powered On

App will not close after Patch

I'm trying to get the application to close after patching but it just stays open: 

If(SPForm.Mode = FormMode.New,
    Patch(
        ParentList,
        Defaults(ParentList),
        {
            Title: formTitle.Text, 
            child: ForAll(ChildSelector.SelectedItems,{       '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                Id: ID, 
                Value: Title 
                })
        }
    ); ResetForm(SPForm);RequestHide(),
    Patch(
        ParentList, 
        SharePointIntegration.Selected, 
        {
            Title: formTitle.Text, 
            child: ForAll(ChildSelector.SelectedItems,{       '@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",
                Id: ID, 
                Value: Title 
                })
        }
    ); ResetForm(SPForm);RequestHide();
);
ResetForm(SPForm);RequestHide()

22 REPLIES 22
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: App will not close after Patch

Hi @simkessy ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you mean that the RequestHide() function could not close the Custom form in your SP List?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. The RequestHide() function could not hide the custom form in SP list.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
simkessy

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. When I hit the button to close it remains open.

amolinese3
Level: Power Up

We have the same issue with our custom form in
a SharePoint list. Requesthide() is not closing the form after successful submit
simkessy

Hey @RandyHayes  any ideas on this one?

Super User
Super User

@simkessy 

Unfortunately, it appears that a new bug has crept into the picture...I am seeing the same issue. 

Team needs to resolve this one.  @TopShelf-MSFT 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
simkessy

Ah cool, thanks Randy. Glad I'm not crazy

dscience29

We're having the same issue with our form, the form submits the item to the SP list and then resets, but the RequestHide() function doesn't work, so the form remains open after submitting.  It's actually rather annoying, as we have a fairly large user base that interact with these forms and they have inadvertently sent duplicate submissions because they have thought that the form didn't submit properly.  

We're trying to communicate the issue out to our users and we're exploring alternative solutions in the meantime, but does anyone know a time table on how long it may take the product team to push a hotfix through for this issue?

simkessy

Is this a new issue in your form? 

dscience29

Yes, it was working great up until last Friday when we first noticed the issue.  I tried a bunch of different workarounds based on things I found online.  I created a new SP list and a new form, and found that the default Sharepoint form worked fine, it was only when I changed the form to a custom PowerApps form that the issue presented itself.