cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AudriusR
Level: Powered On

Attachment control changes

There was changes in attachment control, now we cant use DataCardValue.Attachments.Name because it returns nothing and they added unsaved label next to added file (in picture below).

powerapps.JPG

Our app is multi language, so some people will not understand what it means, so it would be great if we could edit what is writen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Attachment control changes

The "Unsaved" message will be properly localized in the PowerApps release that will be hitting production the week of January 7th-11th.   You still won't be able to customize it, but it will be getting translated into the proper language.

I'll see with @FilipK about making it fully customizable.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
sdbr

Hello AudriusR,

Since a few days I am experiecing the same issue. I documented the problem in this post

I hope we can get an update on this issue.

Kind regards,

Stef

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AudriusR,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to get the Name property of the Attachments control?

For getting the Name property of the Attachments control, I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. I have also posted this issue to my product team, they are investigating this issue. If the issue is solved, I would reply here. 

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try with PowerApps Staff @jovan's thought within the following thread (rolling back to the previous version of PowerApps Studio):

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Can-t-return-Attachment-Control-Name-field-it...

For the Unsaved label text next to the added file, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:12.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AudriusR

For the name property of the Attachment control rollback helped, waiting for fix.

And for Unsaved label it works fine, when you save file it disappears, but main problem is that text is static, and you cant change it, so it only works then you use english language.

So it would be great if attachment control would have a property for this, like others in the picture.

Attachment control.JPG

It would be good if you can look at it @FilipK

PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

The "Unsaved" message will be properly localized in the PowerApps release that will be hitting production the week of January 7th-11th.   You still won't be able to customize it, but it will be getting translated into the proper language.

I'll see with @FilipK about making it fully customizable.

Akasha

Attachment field "Unsaved"

Hello,

Please review.

The attachment field in powerapps displays "unsaved" as seen in the screenshot, and because of this my attachments are not saving in my sharepoint list.

Scootteruk

Re: Attachment field "Unsaved"

I am having the same problem, I add the Attachment card get the message that it's unsaved, and when I save the form (submit) the List shows a paperclip icon but no attachment is visible. Smiley Sad

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 186 members 4,776 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: