cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PowerApping
Level: Powered On

Attachment randomly dropping off during transmission - Submission of new SP tem to list through PowerApps

I have an app where users submit new items and attach a file (only one can be submitted). The file name is then automatically added to a text field in PowerApps and the user can then select the submit button. Attachment is required in PowerApps.

PowerApps somehow loses the attachment in 1% of the submissions and I know the user attached it because the file name text field is filled out (value is anything before period so usually any text before file extension). However, when I look at the Sharepoint entry, there is no attachment.

My observations:

• I was able to replicate by submitting new items one after the other within seconds.
  • This also usually happens (not 100% of the time) when the file is big >2MB (there is a file size limit of 4MB).
  • Also, this happens more often when users use Internet Explorer.

Has anyone got a clue how to resolve this or is this a bug?

Things I have tried:

1. Upgrading PowerApps version.

2. Adding an 8 second timer before submission button appears.

3. Rebuilding the app using a template (Start from Data canvas app).

However, this is still happening! 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Attachment randomly dropping off during transmission - Submission of new SP tem to list through PowerApps

Hi @PowerApping ,

Do you mean that the Attachment files randomly deopping off when you submit a new record into your SP list?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side (within Chrome browser), and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Currently, you can upload files up to 10 MB (maximum value) in size using Attachments control within PowerApps. More details about Attachments control, pease check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-attachments

Please consider take a try to run your app using Chrome browser, then check if the issue is solved. Currently, there are still some issues or limits when you run your app in IE Browser due to Compatibility Issue.

Also please take a try to re-generated app based on your SP list data source, then run your published app within your Chrome, check if the issue still exists.

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 4,961 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: