cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meneghino
Level 10

BUG: Patch of Blank() will not work when playing app

Data source: Azure SQL Database

Create a record in a table with a nullable int type column, set its value to any integer.

Create a button in PowerApps to set the value to Blank().

It will correctly set the value to NULL when in the PowerApps editor, but when the app is published and played directly in the browser the value will not be set to NULL.

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: BUG: Patch of Blank() will not work when playing app

@Meneghino,

I think patch NULL should be not available at the current time.

The team are working on this as this is high requested.

Appreciated your patience.

Sincerely,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
AtlantisFury
Level: Powered On

I am also trying to Patch a NULL value using Blank() with Salesforce as my data connection and it doesn't work.

JamieReis
Level: Powered On

@v-micsh-msft Any ETA? Can you link us to the idea?

@Meneghino & @AtlantisFury As a longwinded work around, you guys can move the item that you want to "NULL a collumn out for" into a temporary collection, patch a blank() into that column, and then patch that record back into your destination.

You just need to make sure that this isn't going to present a metadata issue or an issue with one of your keys.

Since (if using SQL Server for example,) you don't have 'on delete' triggers, you may have to preserve keys and apply them elsewhere to maintain referential integrity.

I.e., obviously think about the rest of your application(s) before you use this method.