cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Bug: Azure SQL DB Timestamp field added to a collection crashes web editor when collection viewed

In each of my Azure SQL DB tables I have a field of datatype timestamp. These were added to resolve an issue where updates/inserts via PowerApps were unreliable.

If I create a collection based on the Azure SQL DB table with a timestamp field, then attempt to view the Collection (via File, Collections) this will invariably crash the web editor. If I use DropColumns in the ClearCollect statement (as per example below) I can view the collection without problems.

ClearCollect(LocalOrderDetail, DropColumns(Filter('[Order].[OrderDetail]', OrderDetailTimeInt >= varTodayTimeInt),"TS"));

I have been experiencing other crashes when working galleries based on collections that contain timestamp columns - fingers crossed these may resolve now I am dropping the timestamp columns from the collections.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Bug: Azure SQL DB Timestamp field added to a collection crashes web editor when collection viewe

Hi @PaulD1,

Thanks for posting.

If you are using PowerApps studio in Windows, then there should be Application logs saved in Event Viewer when it crashes.

If possible, please send it to me in Private Message.

I will then forward this from my side.

The possible cause of the crash should be the un-supported data type.

Could you please share more details about how you add the datatype timestamp in the SQL Table?

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.