cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xzDan
Level 8

Bug - Published app behaves differently to app embedded in SharePoint

As title says,

I publish the app, and I can pull data through for all dates when it is either: in edit mode or embedded in SharePoint page

but running the app directly and it has issues pulling some data (some does get through)

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff Mr-Dang-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Bug - Published app behaves differently to app embedded in SharePoint

Hi @xzDan,

If I understand

• You have an app that you have been viewing in edit mode and as it is embedded in a SharePoint page
  • When you play the app, it gets some data 

Can you describe in greater detail what your expectation is and what actually comes out? Here's some guiding questions, but please provide much more so we can help:

• How is your data structured?
  • You mentioned it pulls in all dates in some circumstances--what formula are you using?
  • Are the same credentials used in every context?
  • Are the permissions to the data correctly shared?
  • etc.
xzDan
Level 8

I can run it in Published mode, but only on the embedded SharePoint page. When I run it directly, it causes issues.

Scenario: I have a date filter and a 'base' filter which people can choose from. The 'base' is text so it, like the date, can be delegated etc.

I pull through a filter(filter(date = text(combo date selected))base=base selected) and this works fine, but on directly viewing the app via its web link, only some dates work while others return blanks. I would basically prefer not to have to embed it in SharePoint because it adds extra ram usage.

If it is easier, I can provide the App ID for you to see via PM.

Session ID: 81738a93-c506-4e0f-9b2e-81f148c28971
PowerApps 3.19014.8

Edit: It seems an issue that DOES work in Edit but not in even SharePoint published is deleting. Delete is done via removeif() and works in Edit and doesnt in published. On the gallery, I send in ThisItem for the selected, and Remove(database,ThisItem) or RemoveIf(database,ID=ThisItem.ID). Works in Edit, not in published.

xzDan
Level 8

I have had some progress with this.

It seems to be that the date filter isn't liked when running the powerapps link directly.

I put a combobox on the form where if I select it, I remove the date filter.

When I turn the combo off (allowing date filters), I get 'Error occured on server', but no more info.

It is odd how it works when run in SharePoint page, but not via the direct link.

The filter is 'Date=Text(Combo_Date.SelectedDate,ShortDate)'

I understand I have to put the date in text format, as otherwise it doesn't allow it to be delegated. (Correct me if im wrong)

xzDan
Level 8

Some further progress on this:

If I change the filter from

'Date=Text(Combo_Date.SelectedDate,ShortDate)'

to

'Date=Text(Combo_Date.SelectedDate,"yyyy-mm-dd")'

then it appears to work. Must be something with ShortDate that isn't liked in the direct link, but is accepted when editing, or when embedding it.