Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Imari91
Level: Powered On

Bug Sharepoint form multi choice field

Dear all,

I have a problem. I have implemented a Powerapps form for a Sharepoint list and I didn't have any problem since now. I have a dropdown field, is a look up field taking the values from another list. This lookup field accep multi selection (from the very beginning). After implementing the form everything worked fine and the custome could start using the form.

However sice 1 week I noticed something was wrong in the form, I couldn't submit a new item due I recieve the error "the data source was wrong". 

When I checked the card, the selectMultiple field was "true" so theorically, should work. However, because some customization were done in the card, I prefered to refresh the data source and add the field again.

Which is my surprise that I am getting this all time, selectMultiple attribute to "false" (????). This is really strange because I have a normal Powerapps app connected to this list and I had no issues, the refresh datasource gives me the correct selectMultiple attribute.

Any idea?

Many thanks

20-03-_2019_10-53-13.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imari91

Re: Bug Sharepoint form multi choice field

Hi

yes @egallis the column was configured as multiselection field in the Sharepoint list.

And this is how my Datacard looked like when the Data source error was thrown - seems to be nothing strange.

24-04-_2019_10-08-23.jpg

At the end it was solve in the most stupid way - waiting one day for the solution and when I reopen the Powerapps studio, the error has gone. Thanks for your help but I still can't understand what a weird thing happened here.

5 REPLIES 5
egallis
Level 10

Hi @Imari91,

Whenever you add a new datacard for a lookup field on a PowerApps form, the default value for the SelectMultiple attribute is always False, even if your lookup column is set as multiple in your list (just tested it now).

So you have to change it to true so your ComboBox will accept multiple values.

Do you still have issues with your ComboBox ?

Emmanuel

Imari91

Many thanks @egallis  for your reply,

the problem is if unblock the data card and I change this to "true" I have again the problem: I can't submitt items because I recieve the error "wrong data source". If after that I resfresh again the data source, an error is shown in the whole data card "The property expects Record values, but this rule produces incompatible Text values"

egallis
Level 10

@Imari91,

Could you post here a capture of the datacard when the error is displayed ?

Also, are you sure that your lookup column has be set to accept multiples values in your list ?

Emmanuel

Imari91

Hi

yes @egallis the column was configured as multiselection field in the Sharepoint list.

And this is how my Datacard looked like when the Data source error was thrown - seems to be nothing strange.

24-04-_2019_10-08-23.jpg

At the end it was solve in the most stupid way - waiting one day for the solution and when I reopen the Powerapps studio, the error has gone. Thanks for your help but I still can't understand what a weird thing happened here.

egallis
Level 10

Hi @Imari91,

Strange indeed... I guess this will stay a mystery forever... Smiley Happy

Glad it works though...

Emmanuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 19 members 4,183 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: