Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gavinleung
Level 8

Building a Outlook-like event recurrence

Hi all, 

I'm building an app, which writes record into a Sharepoint List. Each record represents a task, and each task is having a date. I have raised some questions as per here for the recurrence records, and it works: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Multiple-Sharepoint-List-item-by-PowerApps-or... 

However, users love the idea and asks for more. lol. They would like the recurrence to be defined as flexible as we do meeting request in Outlook. 

Can anyone share your idea? or even sample with me? 

Thanks,

Gavin

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Building a Outlook-like event recurrence

Hi @gavinleung ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want the recurrence to be defined as flexible? What do you mean?

Currently, I afraid that there is no direct way to define the recurrence flexibly within PowerApps app. As an available solution, I think two DatePicker controls could achieve your needs.

On your side, you could add two DatePicker controls (DatePicker1 & DatePicker2) within your app, One is for Start date, another is for End Date.

After that, you could select the Start Date and End Date of the event recurrence using the DatePicker controld.

Please check and see if my response within the following threads would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Get-all-dates-in-an-date-interval-start-and-e...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Weekly-tracker-from-a-sharepoint-list/m-p/331844

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Expressions-and-Formulas/Collecting-Date-Range-Data/m-p/330247

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gavinleung
Level 8

Hi @v-xida-msft , I have a Sharepoint List which has the following columns:

Task - text

Assignment Date - Date/Time

Assigned To - Person 

I'm developing a task management app. The team leader defines the tasks to each of his team members. So tasks are repetitive in patterns like daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and etc. In my current design, I allow the leader to choose Daily, Weekly and Monthly adding "1", "7" and "30" respectively in the Assignment Date, and the leader to input the number of occurence in a text box. And that will create multiple records in the Sharepoint List accordingly. 

So now, the requirements become more complicated. Say for example, the Leader wants to create a task every Wed; the Leader wants to create a bi-weekly task until the end of 2019, my app cannot handle these situation at the moment. So that's why I want to make something like making a recurring appointment on Outlook. 

I understand creating something like Outlook will be hard, but I think there were some experiences on the field who should have similar requirements. 

Thanks,

Gavin

gavinleung
Level 8

Hi @v-xida-msft , any other advice ? 

Or Anyone can help ? 

Thanks,

Gavin

gavinleung
Level 8

Anyone ???

Administrator
Administrator

Bumping for visibility 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 260 members 4,298 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: