Level: Powered On

CDS bug

Hi all,

I have an app that works with Common Data Service. No problem until yesterday, but now a dropdown field doesn't work anymore. You can select the value you want but then it changes into another one or completely disappears in CDS.

It is a very important app so any help would be really appreciated

Community Support Team

Re: CDS bug

Hi @lmazzoni,

I just created a new app with the CDS entity and I cannot reproduce your issue. All my dropdowns works just fine. 

May I know how did you create this app? From blank or let PowerApps create this app? What is the entity, the standard ones or a custom one? Will the issue persist if you create a new app?

Regards,

Mona

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your answer @v-monli-msft,

I let PowerApps create the app, the entity is custom and the issue persist if I create a new app.

I investigated further and I found out that the problem is with the whole database, not only with the entity and the picklist: whatever I try to change to fix the problem (remove the picklist, change the entity) I get the error message "Cannot create an entity (or a picklist) while the database is locked for updates."

Is there a way to "unlock" the database?

Best,
Luca

Nobody can help? Sorry if I insist but it is very important

PowerApps Staff

Hi Imazzoni,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Database - can you please send me a private message on here with your details so we can investigate this?

There is a specific piece of information I need so we can check your environment - if you could please go to web.powerapps.com, make sure you are in your environment (will be displayed in the top right hand corner). Click Entities from the left menu, and open the Account Entity. Once you're on the entities details page and can see the list of fields - copy the full URL from your browser. If you could do this and send it to me in a private message (don't post it here) I'll look into it.

Thanks!