cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SaWu
Level 8

Can Drag & Drop in the Formula Editor/Input Box be Disabled?

Please be so kind as to read my full post before responding.
Thank you for your consideration.

PowerApps Studio features some Drag and Drop functionality which in most cases is quite useful.
However, one case which annoys me to no end is that Drag and Drop also seems to work in the Formula input field/box (the thing behind = fx ..., don't know what that is officially called).
Sometimes, when I try to simply select parts of my PowerApps "Code" e.g. for deletion or copying, I seem to accidentally trigger Drag and Drop, which leads to part of my selection appearing in a weird, useless place.

My questions:

1. Is it possible to somehow disable drag and drop in the formula input field?
  2. Is there actually any point to having drag and drop functionality in the formula input field?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Re: Can Drag & Drop in the Formula Editor/Input Box be Disabled?

Hello @SaWu I will start by mentioning that I also never found text level drag-and-drop functionality useful. This is to address your question #2. However, it looks like many users found it useful. This functionality is very common not only for Microsoft products (MS Word for example), but in many other products as well (Web based GMail editor for example).

To answer your first question, I don't think this functionality can be disabled. I would recommended to suggest this as an idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft Employee

Re: Can Drag & Drop in the Formula Editor/Input Box be Disabled?

Hello @SaWu I will start by mentioning that I also never found text level drag-and-drop functionality useful. This is to address your question #2. However, it looks like many users found it useful. This functionality is very common not only for Microsoft products (MS Word for example), but in many other products as well (Web based GMail editor for example).

To answer your first question, I don't think this functionality can be disabled. I would recommended to suggest this as an idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas