cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AGS94
Level: Powered On

Can You Display Multiple Lines in a Dropdown?

I recall seeing a video on how to show mutiple lines in a ComboBox (can't seem to find the video now). In any case, I must use a DropDown as a multi-selection would not make sense for the app I am creating.

That said, I would like to have all the information shown in the below picture contained within the dropdown during selection. That is, I would like the Item# to be on one line, the Description to be on second line and the Sheen to be shown on the third line (Sheen can be inlcuded with Description if necessary, but some combinations will be quite long).

I believe there is a way to concatenate all of this in one line, but the combination of all three on one line will definitley be too long in most cases.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff chmoncayMSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Can You Display Multiple Lines in a Dropdown?

ComboBox supports single select, just set "Allow multiple selection to Off".  For showing a second line you can set the layout to Double which can give you a Title and Subtitle template.  You may need to concatenate your second and third field to be able to show them both on the second line.

If you need more customization, use a gallery.  It requires more real estate, but you have full customization against the template.

Hope this helps.

1 REPLY 1
PowerApps Staff chmoncayMSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: Can You Display Multiple Lines in a Dropdown?

ComboBox supports single select, just set "Allow multiple selection to Off".  For showing a second line you can set the layout to Double which can give you a Title and Subtitle template.  You may need to concatenate your second and third field to be able to show them both on the second line.

If you need more customization, use a gallery.  It requires more real estate, but you have full customization against the template.

Hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 281 members 4,943 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: