cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Can't return Attachment Control Name field... it work last week, now it just returns nothing.

Most likely you will have to do the second part first:

SharePoint -> Site Contents -> Site settings -> Site libraries and lists -> Customize “{your-list-here}” -> Form settings -> "See versions and usage" to manage the app, rollback versions, etc.

Can you use that interface to first restore the app to an earlier version (one that is old enough to be using "PowerApps version" 3.18111.17 or earlier).  Once your app is on an earlier version, you should be able to edit it.

soc_snow_it
Level: Powered On

Re: Can't return Attachment Control Name field... it work last week, now it just returns nothing.

Hi @sdbr,
You will first have to roll back your app to an earlier .
it worked for me
You can try this way
sdbr

Hello, I removed the app to start over when troubleshooting. I have no previous version. I will wait for the fix. Thank you for the assistance!
PowerApps Staff jovan
PowerApps Staff

Please just note that because of the holidays, the fix won't be out till 2019.  If you need a workaround before then, you can actually create an app using the old version of PowerApps, you don't have to start with an existing app.

ghrimm

I'm running into the same issue with my attachments control. I use the name of the attachment to check if the file is a Microsoft Doc file based on its extension. I was prepared to use the workaround of using an older version of the PowerApps IDE. However, one of the links mentioned in this thread stopped working.

https://us.create.powerapps.com/v3.18111.15.95585990/studio/#

2018-12-19 14_10_31-us.create.powerapps.com.png

Is there a way to access the older PowerApps IDE versions? I tried replacing the v#.#####.## with what's listed in my app version list but it would give me a page can't be found error.

whabicht

@ghrimm Same issue here. The link doesn't resolve correctly.

whabicht

dtjm

Your kidding right? About no fix until next year 2019. I have multiple enterprise customers who rely on attachment names to update multiple backend systems. We have 100's of PowerApps across multiple customers that broke because this breaking change was not communicated to anyone. This PowerApps Support link makes no mention of this breaking change or any other number of many breaking changes over the past 6 months that have rendered many of our PowerApps dead in the water. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/
We are finding it increasingly difficult to build mission critical applications in PowerApps when the platform is easily and often broken and no communication is given until our customers tell us their PowerApps are broken.

Can we please get an update on this issue and an exact date/time when it will be fixed and how it will be communicated to everyone?

Thanks.

ghrimm

Thanks for the link. That works for me too. For how long, I guess we'll see. How did you discover that link? Is there a list of versions somewhere?

Highlighted
whabicht

@ghrimm I just searched google using "powerapps v3.18111.17." and it popped up.
The challenge I have now is that I can't do any work on my app b/c as soon as you save it, it updates to the latest version. Are you having that problem as well? Or is your app already complete?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, August 21st at 8am PDT

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Top Community Contributors for July 2019

Let's thank our top community contributors

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

FifthImage

Dynamics 365 and Power Platform April 2019 Release notes

Features releasing from April 2019 through September 2019!

SixthImage

Power Summit Australia 2019

August 20-23rd 2019

Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 4,315 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: