cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Can you put the cursor in a field?

I want to do data entry with my app. So I want to type in name, hit tab, type in phone number, hit tab, press enter to add the data to my collection. That all works. (Though if you have a way to make enter press the button without hitting tab that would be nice)

My button updates my collection, then resets name, and then resets phone number. 

Now how do I put the cursor back in Name so I can start typing again? Is it possible?

Thanks

Shane

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Can you put the cursor in a field?

This is currently not supported. I was able to find idea for it here, where you can give it an upvote: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Focus-on-a-Control/idi-p/47436 

I do know we're working on making accessibility improvements across our product and having such a feature would help makers create accessible apps themselves. I'll bring it up with the owners of those areas to see how possible this is.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

This is currently not supported. I was able to find idea for it here, where you can give it an upvote: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Focus-on-a-Control/idi-p/47436 

I do know we're working on making accessibility improvements across our product and having such a feature would help makers create accessible apps themselves. I'll bring it up with the owners of those areas to see how possible this is.

Super User
Super User

Voted. Smiley Happy Thanks. 

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 217 members 4,705 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: