cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MonishRana
Level: Powered On

Changes to a form are not saved

Changes done to labels in Editform are not saved.

Have tried saving it several times over several days using several methods like:

1. Save (on my computer)

2. Save (on web)

3. Save as (using the same file name)

4. Save as (using a different file name)

5. Auto save option - on

6. Auto save option - off

But each time I close the app (in studio as well on web) and open it again, my changes are not seen.

Need help to sort out this issue so that I can proceed with my project.

Thanks and happiness.

Monish R RanPowerApps screenshots.pngProblem explained using screen shots.

Accepted Solutions
MonishRana

Re: Changes to a form are not saved

Got it! Solved!! Smiley Happy

Thanks to @v-monli-msft and @Sienna, your inputs helped me evaluate the problem from a different angle.

The reason why my changes were not getting saved was because the Text property of the TextBox was set to Parent.Displayname and it was locked.

1. DataCard has a Label & a Text input.

2. I clicked on the Textinput to select it in the design view.

3. Textinput has a property called Text.

4. It was set to Parent.Displayname & it was in the locked mode.

5. There was a lock symbol & it mentioned "Unlock to change properties".

6. I unlocked it. Changed the value of Text property from Parent.Displayname to what I wanted, i.e. "Target123"  (with double quotes) in this case.

7. Saved the app.

8. Closed the app.

9. Opened the app again and this time thankfully I could see my new saved changes.

Feeling happy Smiley Happy

All Replies
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @MonishRana,

Did you add the Label manually by inserting in the data card? If so, did you remember to modify the Update property of this data card?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

MonishRana

Hi @v-monli-msftMona,

Thanks for your inputs.

I checked,  the Update property of the concerned DataCard. It seems to be proper.

The Card is called DataCard20, it's Update property is set to DataCardValue7.text

The textbox name is DataCardValue7.

And Datafield in the DataCard is set to Target (which is the field in which the data entered by the user should be saved).

Also as per my understanding if the Update property is wrongly set, then there shall be issues in saving the data entered by the user in the text field. 

In my project the data entered by the user is properly saved into the respective Entity. There is no problem of saving the data.

The problem is that while in the design mode (programming mode), if I try to change the value of the Label, then that change is not getting saved. The changes to the form design are not getting saved.

But appreciate your efforts and willingness to help me.

Thanks and Happiness.

Sienna
Level 10

Hi

Have you tried to create a new test app and save it? Does the changes are beeing saved in that test app?

MonishRana

Yes @Sienna, in the new test app things are getting saved.

MonishRana

Got it! Solved!! Smiley Happy

Thanks to @v-monli-msft and @Sienna, your inputs helped me evaluate the problem from a different angle.

The reason why my changes were not getting saved was because the Text property of the TextBox was set to Parent.Displayname and it was locked.

1. DataCard has a Label & a Text input.

2. I clicked on the Textinput to select it in the design view.

3. Textinput has a property called Text.

4. It was set to Parent.Displayname & it was in the locked mode.

5. There was a lock symbol & it mentioned "Unlock to change properties".

6. I unlocked it. Changed the value of Text property from Parent.Displayname to what I wanted, i.e. "Target123"  (with double quotes) in this case.

7. Saved the app.

8. Closed the app.

9. Opened the app again and this time thankfully I could see my new saved changes.

Feeling happy Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Sienna
Level 10

I have thankfully never experiencing this issue yet and hopefully never will. If this would happened to me I would try to probably reinstall the powerapps but I might be completely wrong here. Hopefully someone from PowerApps will help you soon with your issue. I'm curious what it can be and what to do if it will happen to me.

Good luck

Sienna
Level 10

The reason why my changes were not getting saved was because the Text property of the TextBox was set to Parent.Displayname and it was locked.

Smiley Very Happy