cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knguyen
Level: Powered On

Checkboxes in sharepoint list shows up as dropdown in powerapps

Hello,

On my sharepoint list I have a checkbox column that consist of Laptop, Cellphone, office keys, buidling access card etc.. However when I add that data card to my powerapps form it shows up more like a drop down but I am able to tick on multiple items.  Is there a way for me to have the checkbox data card have boxes where I can tick on them?

checkbox.JPGcheckbox1.JPGcheckbox2.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

Re: Checkboxes in sharepoint list shows up as dropdown in powerapps

This is possible, but it does require some work since we don't support checkboxes as an out-of-the-box layout for multi-selects yet. To learn how to do it, check out this blog: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multi-select-pattern-on-sharepoint-lists/

I hope that helps!

Super User
Super User

The app generator creates combo boxes for choice fields. PowerApps doesn't even have a list control that displays the items as checkboxes. There is a single checkbox control and I have read about people stitching a few of them together to make it look like a checkbox list but I don't think it is worth the effort. There is Listbox control you could try if you wanted a different look then the combo box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff mabolan
PowerApps Staff

This is possible, but it does require some work since we don't support checkboxes as an out-of-the-box layout for multi-selects yet. To learn how to do it, check out this blog: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multi-select-pattern-on-sharepoint-lists/

I hope that helps!

Super User
Super User

The app generator creates combo boxes for choice fields. PowerApps doesn't even have a list control that displays the items as checkboxes. There is a single checkbox control and I have read about people stitching a few of them together to make it look like a checkbox list but I don't think it is worth the effort. There is Listbox control you could try if you wanted a different look then the combo box.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
rgbrasel
Level: Powered On

Before you launch a product as a successor to InfoPath, you should probably make sure, that, oh, it actually has ALL the features that users ACTUALLY use. Time and time again, Microsoft comes out with something that looks promising on the surface, but when you start drilling down, it becomes apparent that basic functionality is missing. After a couple of decades, I guess I should be used to the disappointment.

Do better, Microsoft, if you can. I'm not sure it's possible at this point.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 201 members 4,426 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: